EJ_Barlik

Well, I am wondering how this flew under the radar. But we (in Columbia, SC) are getting the team previously known as the Savannah Sand Gnats. I just can't wait to see what the official color palate will be (not to mention the color-optimized workup by Colorwerx should he choose to do one....). The story behind them is here: http://www.columbiabusinessreport.com/news/55290-fireflies-anyone-columbia-baseball-club-unveils-team-logos

Midnight Blue, Neon Yellow/Green, and Grey (or Silver) has to be the most unique combo I think I have ever heard of. And word has it that the caps will be glow-in-the dark.

1438712937-firefliies-logo_thumb.jpg

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I think the jar logo was like a second alternate. Of these logos, I like the circle, the firefly and the CF (that looks like an FF). I don't care for the other 2 or the jar logo (I have seen that one).

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

On the whole, I like a lot of it. This is the one time a team gets extra points for using volt. But the color scheme is still surprisingly drab. Hopefully the silver will be metallic, and lighter, on the unis.

And using city nicknames is always a terrible choice. "Holy City"? As pathetic as it is crass. I said it about Portland's "Rip City", and I'll say it when the White Sox add "City of Big Shoulders" across their alts.

Archived