CONCEPT81: Milwaukee Bucks

bigdub81

Just a quick concept I wanted to put together since I haven't done one in a while. I didn't think the Bucks needed a huge overhaul from what they decided to go with, just a few tweaks here and there to an already nice set. C&C as usual and thanks for viewing the post.

What Was Changed (Logo):

• Reverted Back To Previous Logo Using Their Updated Deer Head With Modifications / Re-Colored
  • Deer Head Modifications: Use Of Ear/Jawline From Previous Incarnation

What Was Changed (Uniform):

• Switched To A Deeper Cream Color
  • Reverted Back To Previous "Bucks" Script / Removed The Beveling / Modified The 'S'
  • Re-colored "Irish Rainbow" / Pattern Added To The Shorts
  • Solid Green Collar (Home) / Cream 'M' At The Base
  • Alternate Uniform Based Off The Teams '73-75 Set

Logo:

FsgOIWa.png

Home:

f8JgQxJ.png

Away:

LrbIfMp.png

Alternate:

2rH1s9p.png

I LOVE this.

The new set is decent. (Don't love it or hate it). This is beautiful though. Sewing the logo, I didn't think I'd like the wordmark at all, but it's absolutely fantastic with that matching number font.

??

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like this a lot. Great work! At first I thought that the blue was purple, and I freaked out, but I later discovered that it was blue and that made me like it a lot better.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Yes this is a nice combination of the new and last logo, but there are 2 major problems with it. One, cream and white clash when they touch. If you look at the new logos cream and white never touch for that reason. Two, what's with the weird serif you add to the font and numbers. The serifs are really unnecessary and don't look good.

JeKhnr9.png

I like the color blue. A lot. But, it just doesn't belong on the Bucks. If you took blue out, this set would be so much better. Also:

Yes this is a nice combination of the new and last logo, but there are 2 major problems with it. One, cream and white clash when they touch. If you look at the new logos cream and white never touch for that reason. Two, what's with the weird serif you add to the font and numbers. The serifs are really unnecessary and don't look good.

This.

I understand that about the cream and white clashing, that's why I went with a deeper shade of it. It's just something that would have to work no matter what for the sake of the design. I originally intended to use a vegas gold or khaki color before deciding on the deeper cream. Like I mentioned, I didn't want to change too much.

As far as the serifs go, look at the 'B' of their previous logo which I included in my concept for comparison. I added the serifs to the 'S' so each side would be equal. I didn't think it took away from it overall. In fact, I looked at it as a type of 'antler' to the letters that furhter ties into the design, which is why I decided to use it on certain numbers. When I get time I'll post a full set of the numerals and their alternates.

I like the color blue. A lot. But, it just doesn't belong on the Bucks. If you took blue out, this set would be so much better.

I honestly struggled with using blue or a lime/neon green, which IMO did look better. I can post a color change for comparison, no problem.

Archived