Anyone good at suggesting typefaces?

Bayne

Hi guys, thought I'd throw this out there to you design-savy folks..

I've been designing a personal monogram for the last few months, and now I'm looking for a typeface or a specific font to pair with it for my name. I'm really not that great at identifying typefaces for specific uses....kind of just guess most of the time. I have Gotham as a placeholder typeface for now, but it could literally be anything else... sans or serif... Maybe lowercase? I really don't know. I don't want to look too refined, but I want it to look profesh. Suggestions?

bc%20monogram%20shape-10_zpsqxivp8eq.jpg

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I would only suggest against Gotham because I see it everywhere and it's beginning to be a crutch of the professional design world. There's probably something similar with a bit more flair. I would suggest something with the simplicity of Gotham, but maybe a bit more of an organic feel, since your logomark is very organic in structure.

Have to agree with Conrad, it works but it has become a real crutch and I think with the logo you've created it would be great if you could come up with the perfect typeface, not just one that works with everything.

Even going with Gotham Rounded would add a little flair but keep it simple. I'm looking at some of the "Knockout" family and that looks pretty good for this. FF Antithesis Bold might be a little too "unprofessional" for this sort of application but I could see it pairing well. Noyh Rounded and TT Firs I would also take a look at. I'm by no means an expert on this at all, so don't feel compelled to listen to me, just throwing out my opinions.

Thanks guys. All points taken on board.

Even though I knew it didn't look too bad, I honestly thought Gotham was just a placeholder type for this purpose. I would probably prefer to go with something a slightly less unoriginal though....see how I go with it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived