Minnesota Timberwolves: Refreshed Logo (UPDATE 1)

hettinger_rl

Minnesota has a lot of hope going forward. That hope will likely produce a new look in the coming years. This is my refresh/tweak of their current primary.

I've always liked their primary but thought it was lacking a little fierceness, the eyes always looked dull. Also, I'd love to see the team re-incorporate the original Blue-Green color scheme.

qnl102.jpg21l8uhv.jpg2hfj8rc.jpg

My reference material, aside from the current and past primaries, is this photo:

21o1pvt.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

You're right, the eyes look more fierce on your new version, but I feel like it's venturing too far from 'logo' into the realm of 'illustration'. Simplify your lines and details. Plus, the nose isn't quite far up enough to denote snarling; between that and the white lines tapering off to the sides of the bottom teeth, it looks to me more like the wolf is grinning.

You're right, the eyes look more fierce on your new version, but I feel like it's venturing too far from 'logo' into the realm of 'illustration'. Simplify your lines and details. Plus, the nose isn't quite far up enough to denote snarling; between that and the white lines tapering off to the sides of the bottom teeth, it looks to me more like the wolf is grinning.

Very nice. My only concern is the fine detail on the teeth, especially where lower and upper overlap.

Thanks for the responses. I see what you're seeing and fixed the mouth/teeth. I feel differently about the nose position, Mine is actually up higher than the current primary.

ruwjmr.jpg34o7rwo.jpg28jvcq1.jpg

This logo has a lot of potential with the right tweaks. Clean up your lines and it's a solid design. That royal/green/silver combo is where it's at. The team can still do a black alternate without sacrificing the integrity of the main logo.

Although I prefer the Timberwolves using black, I think the green/blue version might be my favorite.

I agree. I think if you're going to rmake a new timberwolf logo, not just clean up the existing one, you need to make enough of a departure to justify it. I think going back to the classic green/blue/grey palette does that.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Looking at the reference pic, I think its the scrunching of the nose and the gums showing that really portray that he's clenching his teeth and looks aggressive, whereas that doesn't necessarily show through in your logo, so it just looks like he's got his mouth open and smiling. I also think the eyes need to be closer together.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I tried adding gums to the upper teeth and it just looked odd. I think altering the amount of "open mouth" did a lot to help though.

In this update I've added cream to the Blue/Green/Silver/White scheme. Cream wouldn't have to permeate the whole identity, but I thought it looks nice (less harsh) on the wolf's face and makes the teeth and outline brighter..

6h7onr.jpg

Archived