Sign in to follow this  
deked73

Chicago Cougars concept

I was trying to make a concept for HJC's Chicago Cougars redesign. I couldn't settle on a striping pattern, I created 6 different designs until i liked the one i chose. Was unhappy with the logos i first came up with, went through 4 different designs for numbers, 4 different color patterns. But I ran out of time and missed the deadline. I finished these today and I am curious to hear what people think because i want to send them into HJC.

chicagocougarshome.png

chicagocougarsroad.png

chicagocougarsthird.png

crest: modified U. of houston logo from
sportslogos.com
leaping cougar: modified from

These are really cool! Nice set, great work.

I think the University of Houston would have a case for a lawsuit, if the team officially used the primary logo.

logo-athletics-cougar-1.jpg

I think the claw marks look great on the numbers, but on the captains patches they seem to take over too much of the letter. Also, though I like the alternate crest, the basic idea has too much legacy with the Canucks to work elsewhere in sports. all in all though, this is a very sharp look.

I think the University of Houston would have a case for a lawsuit, if the team officially used the primary logo.

Yea there would be a lawsuit. But, that is why this is all for fun. There is a Chicago Cougars hockey team but I believe it is kids. This is just for the hell of it and not going to be sent in to be used. Maybe the jersey at one point but not the logo

That's a solid jersey, adventurous without going overboard.

I was trying to make a concept for HJC's Chicago Cougars redesign. I couldn't settle on a striping pattern, I created 6 different designs until i liked the one i chose. Was unhappy with the logos i first came up with, went through 4 different designs for numbers, 4 different color patterns. But I ran out of time and missed the deadline. I finished these today and I am curious to hear what people think because i want to send them into HJC.

chicagocougarsthird.png

crest: modified U. of houston logo from
sportslogos.com
leaping cougar: modified from

Inspired by John Deere?

deere.jpg

I think his logo has enough differences for there not to be a lawsuit. Look closely at the ears, neck and teeth of his logo and you'll see they are not the same..... the one similarity here is the stripes going through the face. That's it.

As for your concept, it's terrific. The striping is unique, as is the colour scheme..... it's really a beautiful concept. That pant template is also very nice....