Coca-Cola vs Pepsi logos

johnnysama

Here's something that crossed my mind today:

Coca-Cola_Evolution_Logos_descent.jpg

-vs-

Pepsi_Evolution_Logos_descent.jpg

Do you ever notice that Coca-Cola's 'script' logo has gone unchanged since at least the 1940s (but has had other secondary elements changed), whereas Pepsi has gone through a myriad of logo redesigns in 100 years (and I do apologize, but the current logo shown in the infographic is lacking the lowercase 'pepsi' script, and the 1973 logo shows the tweak made in 1987, when the PEPSI wordmark changed from a typeface similar to the 1962 logo to the rounded one you see in the picture)?

Here's what I saw: When it comes to logos, Coke seems to be the traditionalist, and Pepsi is the innovator. Make of that what you will.....

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the simplicity of the early-1990s Pepsi logo. It's what I was used to seeing on vending machines as a kid, and it's still what I think of when I think 'Pepsi'. Well, that and tacos.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

-vs-

Do you ever notice that Coca-Cola's 'script' logo has gone unchanged since at least the 1940s (but has had other secondary elements changed), whereas Pepsi has gone through a myriad of logo redesigns in 100 years

But ever since Pepsi started using the classic wave logo in 1950, it has always kept the same basic wavy shape until the most recent rebrand in 2008, where they changed the wave to a smiley logo.

I liked the simplicity of the early-1990s Pepsi logo. It's what I was used to seeing on vending machines as a kid, and it's still what I think of when I think 'Pepsi'. Well, that and tacos.

Likewise. The logo listed as "1991-92" could still work today. It's a shame that they got so far away from it.

I still see a fat guy rolling over in the new Pepsi logo.

Ever since it was pointed out to me, I can't un-see it... The current Pepsi logo is absolutely atrocious, the sooner it's gone the better. Any of the logos in their history would be an upgrade at this point.

-vs-

Do you ever notice that Coca-Cola's 'script' logo has gone unchanged since at least the 1940s (but has had other secondary elements changed), whereas Pepsi has gone through a myriad of logo redesigns in 100 years (and I do apologize, but the current logo shown in the infographic is lacking the lowercase 'pepsi' script, and the 1973 logo shows the tweak made in 1987, when the PEPSI wordmark changed from a typeface similar to the 1962 logo to the rounded one you see in the picture)?

Here's what I saw: When it comes to logos, Coke seems to be the traditionalist, and Pepsi is the innovator. Make of that what you will.....

That 1973 Pepsi logo used the font from the 1962 version. It didn't change to Handel Gothic (or similar version) until the mid 80s, around the time Michael Jackson started acting in its commercials.

Coca-Cola has always branded itself as the "traditional" soft drink, and aside from the failed Coke II experiment, has pretty much always used the script.

Pepsi has branded itself as the more modern drink, to be flashier and more popular with people of that particular time period. That means adapting its logo to meet flashier trends. Same colors, but different designs.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This logo has been making its way around pepsi marketing could a change be coming and a upgraded one at that.

pepsi-sonbisey.jpg

The current one simply looks uninspired. Vying for market share vs one of the most well known & profitable companies in the world, why the hell would a conceptual logo be your go-to?

Get rid of the stupid abstract smile & deliver a properly balanced logo.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

-vs-

That 1973 Pepsi logo used the font from the 1962 version. It didn't change to Handel Gothic (or similar version) until the mid 80s, around the time Michael Jackson started acting in its commercials.

Coca-Cola has always branded itself as the "traditional" soft drink, and aside from the failed Coke II experiment, has pretty much always used the script.

Pepsi has branded itself as the more modern drink, to be flashier and more popular with people of that particular time period. That means adapting its logo to meet flashier trends. Same colors, but different designs.

On a personal note, about Coke II (aka New Coke), I'd love to see it come back as a limited time only release, just to have people who weren't around (like me) when it was released to give it a try.

UBwef0L.png

That's because Diet Coke is the diet version of New Coke. Coke Zero is the proper "diet" version of Classic Coke. Diet Coke is the last hold-over from the New Coke experiment, and is why it tasted so differently than Regular

This logo has been making its way around pepsi marketing could a change be coming and a upgraded one at that.

pepsi-sonbisey.jpg

I feel stupid for just noticing that the wave in the horizontal line of the 'e' is the same as the wave from the pre-2008 logos.

Also the 1973 logo is what I most instantly identify as Pepsi. A clean, timeless look.

zzPEfBm.png

Archived