NBA2k16 MyTEAM Concept

SydniT23

Hey guys! I preordered the new NBA 2k16 video game so it should be here Friday and I wanted to get started on my MyTEAM identity seeing as they have lots of new customization options. I have never created a new team identity before and this is the first logo I've ever made so I would love some advice! I live in Omaha, NE and noticed that the game has the option to locate a team there so I based my team around that. I went with the team name of storm because there already is an Omaha Storm Chasers baseball team and plus I figured I could get a cool color scheme and uniforms from it ;). So here we go! I have a logo, home, away, alt and pride uniform for the Omaha Storm!

Logo:

I'm pretty happy with this logo for it being my first one but I would love some advice on how to improve it because it doesn't seem quite there yet. I tried to make my own word mark but it wasn't turning out so I went with Conrad's Autzen font.

8RZBoS8.png

Home:
The uniforms are pretty self explanatory but I did want to add the fact that I added the little tag at the bottom of the jersey that Adidas has been doing to "motivate" their players that reads, "O.N.E. City O.N.E. Team". The "O.N.E." stands for Omaha, Nebraska.

uljOhlL.png

Away:

Kpbi7UH.png

Alt:

zu55J8Z.png

Pride:

I don't know how much I'm feeling this uniform but couldn't really think of another aspect of Omaha to base it off of other than the city flag. But let me know what you think and I'll welcome any suggestions for more "pride" ideas!

PL3JCyS.pngThanks for looking and feedback is appreciated!

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

I think your design is very simple. But that is needed in the NBA. Just change the R so that it looks like an R instead of an A . The jerseys are very nice, especially the away! Try incorporating wheat ish gold as a representation of the fields out in Nebraska. Then put that into the color scheme and stay with the design you originally made up! I give it a 9.5/10!!! Good start!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Great concept. One of the best basketball ones I've seen. Something I noticed is that the team name storm is close to the Minor league baseball team the Omaha Stormchasers. But I live really close to Omaha and I think that it really describes the city with all the crazy weather and the pride for Omaha sports. 10/10.

I really love the whole look and identity here. The colors work very well together and especially for a team named the Storm. Just one thing that is off and was mentioned above is the R in Storm looks like an A. I love the font, but maybe edit the R to make it look less like A. Overall 9.8/10 Great work!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

this is a really nice look, and i wish i had your design skills. however, the text and numbering should probably be lighter on the grey/anthracite alt, or at least make the borders thicker. same goes for the Logo, although it is really nice. i've got a 2K concept too for Friday so i'm curious to how much we'll be allotted in terms of customization.

colorado_jonas_sig_by_verasthebrujah-d9pt2sl.jpg.6a5f5d5469d9aee56cb75c7776d95240.jpg

9sa7mHv.gif

Great concept, but it looks like 'STOAM'

I really love the whole look and identity here. The colors work very well together and especially for a team named the Storm. Just one thing that is off and was mentioned above is the R in Storm looks like an A. I love the font, but maybe edit the R to make it look less like A. Overall 9.8/10 Great work!

I think your design is very simple. But that is needed in the NBA. Just change the R so that it looks like an R instead of an A . The jerseys are very nice, especially the away! Try incorporating wheat ish gold as a representation of the fields out in Nebraska. Then put that into the color scheme and stay with the design you originally made up! I give it a 9.5/10!!! Good start!

Yeah the r looks weird, but I love the grey alt! Can you show us pics when you implement into 2k16 when it comes out?

SB%2001%2003%2004%2015_zpsuc4ldp3t.pngNBA%20All_zpsgzk5pipt.pngSC%2029%2039%2041%2070%2072%2011_zpspiuwWS%2003%2012%2015%2016%2018%2004%2007%20

Yeah the r looks weird, but I love the grey alt! Can you show us pics when you implement into 2k16 when it comes out?

Yep I'll see what I can do with the 'R' but yeah I'll totally post pictures once I see what the game will allow me to do!

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Yep I'll see what I can do with the 'R' but yeah I'll totally post pictures once I see what the game will allow me to do!

awesome! Following!

SB%2001%2003%2004%2015_zpsuc4ldp3t.pngNBA%20All_zpsgzk5pipt.pngSC%2029%2039%2041%2070%2072%2011_zpspiuwWS%2003%2012%2015%2016%2018%2004%2007%20

This is really great. I would love to see this in the NBA, but change the R so it doesn't look like an A.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

As others have mentioned, the R looks too much like an A. But that's an easy fix. The primary logo in the first post is on a bit of an angle. I would think about making it flush horizontal and maybe even think about making STORM italic. Omaha also might be best used just on top of STORM or on an arc following the shape of the basketball.

Great start!

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived