Liquor and Craft Beer Logo/Label Designs

hettinger_rl

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/8/2016 at 9:50 PM, hettinger_rl said:

Blue Moon's new look is fantastic, especially the can design> Too bad there's no images of it yet.

Blue-Moon-Logo-New-Look-BeerPulse.png 

http://beerpulse.com/2016/03/blue-moon-gets-a-new-look-and-feel-4125/

I actually think this is a downgrade. The even strokes feel awkward and unprofessional compared to the 'modern' typeface from the old logo, especially on the 'B'. There isn't quite enough contrast between the banner and the moon, the navy stroke should continue through the middle. The new texture on the moon is okay, as is the banner going around the 'B' instead of underneath. 

Love the new labels though.

15 hours ago, rsaline said:

These are SO cool. Excellent branding. I think my favorites are the Purple Haze and Turbodog. Going to have to find some!

Both great labels and brews, IMO. They still have their Light and Golden brews which have yet to receive the make-over. Additionally, there are a good number of seasonal and harvest brews where new branding hasn't been shown as of yet (Pecan Harvest, Mardi Gras Bock, Grapefruit IPA). Here are a couple more I found though....and this is my first time seeing these as well:

Seersucker_3Qtr_Render_w_Bottle_Glasswar

Octoberfest_3Qtr_Render_w_Bottle_Glasswa

Christmas_3Qtr_Render_w_Bottle_Glassware

gYH2mW9.png

This is one of the best benefits of the boom of microbreweries and craft beer era.  Beers need to do so much to stand out on shelves, and since outside of a few breweries that dabble in the French perfume bottles or similar styled glass, most manufacturers use traditional brown glass and thus need to make their packaging stand out.  Cue the vivid, often beautiful work we've seen in this thread.  

It makes wandering through Friar Tuck a real pleasure, despite the fact I hate IPAs and most IPAs get the best artwork.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

May as well contribute to the thread as well.  Here's some interesting artwork from a brewery I enjoy a lot:  Unibroue

unibrouemaudite.jpg

xJpsc0E.jpg

Unibroue-FDM1600x900.jpg

8f2c77ee658c32c7c6be353968a7fd77.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Some of the better beer companies here in Georgia

Creature Comforts, really good beer

CC.jpg

Monday Night has a really consistent thing going that can sometimes be fun

MondayNight221.jpg

Orpheus goes with an elaborate Greek thing but does it colorfully

orpheus-cans.jpg.660x0_q85.jpg

Love the sunset gradients in this one from 3 taverns!

Three-Taverns-A-Night-on-Ponce.png

Mentioned briefly earlier, but after visiting their taproom this spring, I learned that their labels are all painted by a local guy in San Diego. Thought that was pretty cool. They're wonderfully detailed and really stand out on the shelves. I could do with something more original than Brothers for the font choice, but it beats the hell out of what they used to put on their bottles). The beer's pretty damned tasty, too.

ballast_point_beers_lineup.jpg

Personal recommendation... if you like porters and coffee, snag this one if you can find it:

Ballast_Point_Victory_At_Sea_Imperial_Po  

On 5/20/2016 at 3:59 PM, Mockba said:

A shame I didn't know you were in town.  I haven't yet been to the BP taproom.

It's a hoppin' place on Saturday nights... they have a restaurant in there too, so I think they stay pretty busy. Definitely worth checking out, though! Had no idea you were in SD!

On 5/22/2016 at 9:49 PM, drdougfresh said:

It's a hoppin' place on Saturday nights... they have a restaurant in there too, so I think they stay pretty busy. Definitely worth checking out, though! Had no idea you were in SD!

Yeah, I've been here for a little over a year now.

Of course, I didn't give a shout out that I was heading to Phoenix for a weekend last month, so I'm just as guilty. *heh*

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived