Seattle Supersonics Return

m6twelve

Very well thought out concept.

Viewing from a distance makes it a little difficult to distinguish between the Space Needle and the jet/streak on the primary.

Add a green outline and this will help them stand out. Beautiful look. It enhances previous designs rather than replacing them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The head-on jet secondary logo is clever. But the other secondary and the primary are just too busy. Really digging the away uniforms, not entirely sure what's going on with the striping on the homes.

rATMcmK.png

The Sonics need to come back. This is a great set, but maybe try out a yellow alt to bring this together a bit.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Lots of detail and obviously you put some heartfelt thought into this! Nice work! (I would LIKE to see the Sonics come back; felt that buyout by OKC seemed shady but that is only my opinion)

Here are some suggestions:

I. Primary: try separate the jet streaking as a logo in and of itself. It possesses powerful imagery moving left to right and in your example it is behind the Space Needle which directs the eye upward. I see a conflict of movement between the two.

II. Primary: if the streaking jet (an homage to Boeing!) were a solo act it could work cleanly. Others alluded to this too?

III. Primary: if the streaking jet were set above the needle perhaps less conflict of visual movement.

IV. Home & Away shorts: the chevron side detailing (on leg sides) nicely holds / houses the jet (plane with basketball at cockpit). Maybe try the jet without the basketball-in-the-cockpit? *just a suggestion.

Great work!

The head-on jet secondary logo is clever. But the other secondary and the primary are just too busy. Really digging the away uniforms, not entirely sure what's going on with the striping on the homes.

I think the "Striping" you're seeing is just the pores in the Adidas jersey template I used, there's only the banner around the wordmark and the side chevron, no other stripes

Very well thought out concept.

Viewing from a distance makes it a little difficult to distinguish between the Space Needle and the jet/streak on the primary.

Add a green outline and this will help them stand out. Beautiful look. It enhances previous designs rather than replacing them.

A Green outline on what?

Lots of detail and obviously you put some heartfelt thought into this! Nice work! (I would LIKE to see the Sonics come back; felt that buyout by OKC seemed shady but that is only my opinion)

Here are some suggestions:

I. Primary: try separate the jet streaking as a logo in and of itself. It possesses powerful imagery moving left to right and in your example it is behind the Space Needle which directs the eye upward. I see a conflict of movement between the two.

II. Primary: if the streaking jet (an homage to Boeing!) were a solo act it could work cleanly. Others alluded to this too?

III. Primary: if the streaking jet were set above the needle perhaps less conflict of visual movement.

IV. Home & Away shorts: the chevron side detailing (on leg sides) nicely holds / houses the jet (plane with basketball at cockpit). Maybe try the jet without the basketball-in-the-cockpit? *just a suggestion.

Great work!

Thank you for all the feedback, personally, i think the Space Needle is too iconic in sonics lore and too important to me to justify getting rid of it.

The plane is in every aspect because that's the origin of the name and somehow it got lost somewhere along the way, that being said, in the primary logo I am working with different angles of the plane, but i want it to be more of an addition than the focal point, the 70's- early 90's Logo is so iconic, and I want to go the route of creating it in a new way, using elements of other past logos (besides the one from the 2000's because bleh) the first logo the sonics used featured a streaking plane and my goal was to use that with a streak more similar to that of the 90's logo incorporating the 3 most used logos, I had thought about doing the cliche basketball with a center line logo as the second secondary logo besides the front facing plane logo which i absolutely love and I love the basketball being where the cockpit would be personally, it fits in the personality of many of today's logos like the basketball on the stinger of the bee, I might try and change it to be a more subtle representation of a ball though. Definitely would love some other ideas for the other secondary logo as well, just went with a simple design, I love using the S in some way, just don't know exactly how i want to do that yet

Okay so i went in and changed the angle of the plane on the primary, along with adding a larger stroke to make the skyline stick out a little more, then i was messing around with the basketball being white, kinda liked it what are your thoughts?
sidebysidebyside.jpg

Archived