Yet Another Crossover Series: MLB Gridiron | COMPLETE

LAWeaver

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The emphasis on the gold doesn't really feel like the Twins, but I like it anyway. You need to take some liberties on colors for things like helmets and pants, and I like the Twins for that reason. (This is why I'm waiting on some silver/gray helmets and pants in the future--every team wears gray but it really isn't part of the color scheme.)

I really like the powder blue pants for the Royals. I don't really like the double outline on the helmets for them, though. You also have a double outline on the home jersey but not on the road. Pick one way and go with it. Personally, I'd go with a single outline like what the Royals use on their blue jersey.

I will spill the beans a bit and say that the Brewers will have a gold helmet and the Rockies a silver helmet. Two more teams - The Marlins & Reds - will go with white helmets. Needless to say, the NL is going to be a bit more creative, as I have a few palette swaps for some teams (Phillies & Marlins) while some are reaching back into history for striping ideas (Mets).

The powder blue crowns on the shoulders of the KC jersey look a little odd. I think if you're going to keep the crown motif, they should stay gold for obvious reasons. The addition of powder blue pants, however, is really nice. I see no reason why you can't have royal blue, powder blue and gold on the same jersey.

I'm also not a fan of the gold helmet for the Twins.

Sorry coco, but I tried the gold helmets, and although it does make sense since most crowns are gold/yellow, for consistency, I will be keeping the blue crowns for that reason. And don't worry if you don't like the gold helmet for the Twins; An alternate navy helmet and pants will be available for the team so that they can go mono-blue once a year.

Regarding your post about the Expos: we'll have to see. I'm primarily focused on current teams at the moment. Maybe later down the road I'll add them in at some point.

On the twins unis can you make the socks blue at least on the home uniform? It looks odd paired with the blue jersey

Sorry about that. Since it's something that's actually pretty minor, I won't be updating it for a little while. But thanks fro the heads-up!

As a Orioles fan, the primaries need to be black and I'd prefer the cartoon bird to the O's logo on the helmet and the sleeve striping to the ornithologically correct bird

The reason I have not used the cartoon bird is because that logo is specifically made with baseball in mind. If someone is willing to photoshop/illustrate a football helmet onto him, then be my guest. Until then, anything that may portray a baseball team such as equipment (baseball, caps, gloves, bats, etc.) will not be used in this football series.

At the moment I am working on the Giants. After that will be the Padres, Cards, & the Nats. I think I will start posting NL Central teams later today. Hopefully I can get some more comments in the meantime. stay tuned!

Oh, and PS: Don't think of this series as a "MLB as NFL teams" series. Think of this as one of those alternate iniverse type deals where these teams were never baseball teams, but use the elemts of the actual teams. /end of confusing backstory.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

let's see the nl

Ask and you shall recieve!

The National League Central:

Chicago Cubs:

• C logo featured on the helmet.
  • Walking Cub featured on the sleeve by itself.
  • Like the U-of-Florida logo, the cub is located over the pants stripe.

29ESRXY.jpg

t4fxijq.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cincinnati Reds

• Drop-shadows everywhere.
  • White helmet similar to the white 90's hat.
  • Jersey striping extends to the collar like the new Browns uniforms.

dRuemq5.jpg

Syh4ZkC.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milwaukee Brewers

• Gold helmet.
  • Wheat is featured as the striping for the pants & helmet.
  • 90's number font returns as I cannot stand anything that resembles Times News Roman on a sports uniform.

Ys14kiF.jpg

MwdJXxw.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pittsburgh Pirates

• Helmet and jersey striping resemble the primary logo.
  • Pants striping inspired by the old 70's uni-yellow outfits.

mhdnXRI.jpg

OS3zWDG.jpg----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St. Louis Cardinals

• Out of all the teams, this is the closest thing to a modernization.
  • STL Logo has a thicker blue outline added to it.
  • The cardinal has been cropped, modernized (aka added highlights to it), and made a bit meaner by flipping and slightly altering his eye.
  • Traditional striping all around except the Nike-zation on the pants.

xpO30VS.jpg

DDCFBWa.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Brewers: the current M logo just doesn't look right to me [How about using a blank gold helmet with the wheat stripe] Continuing Wheat Striping on jersey?

Cardinals: Cardinal head on helmet?

No other comments on the other teams

I wasn't the biggest fan of this division. A lot of the look

Cubs: I think this is a little blue-heavy, especially on the road. Why not use red numbers on the white jersey, like the baseball team does when they're away? The home has great color balance, but the away loses that IMO.

Reds: I'm one of few who likes black for the Reds, but this is a little overdone. I think the shadows on the stripes are a bit much, and don't really work well on the helmet or the pants.

Brewers: Love the wheat stripe and think it would look good if you wrapped it around the sleeves in place of the M. The helmet logo looks really barren without the wheat, although I understand your reason for not wanting to be repetitive. What if you took the wheat out of this logo and applied it to the helmet?

x1poitlhifc8srw64hicefsh9.gif

Pirates: My only thing is that the pants stripe seems very out of place. White is kept to an outline in every element but this one, and the pattern is totally different than the sleeves and helmet.

Cardinals: You admitted that this one is a bit of a modernization, but it still too classic to fit that description. Why not incorporate their sock stripes to the sleeves? I also think that a tapered helmet stripe a la the Bills wouldn't look bad either. Lastly, make the facemask white to blend with the set. The red is too much and reminds me of the awful Arizona lid.

spacer.png

Suggestions:

Cubs: I'd suggest taking the Cubbie off the pants. It doesn't quite fit. I like it on the sleeve but I would ask if you'd considered the retro Cubbie from the sixties/seventies?

Reds: Nailed it.

Brewers: Great job with the gold, especially the barley sheaf on the pants/helmet. Have you looked into doing the ball/glove design version?

Pirates: Nailed it.

Cardinals: St. Louis is really big on have no adornment other than the birds on bat so in keeping with that I would ditch all the stripes from the uniform. Nothing on the pants, sleeves, or helmet. Instead of striping, put the full body bird, minus the bat, on the sleeves. Maybe consider a white or grey facemask?

As a Cubs fan, I'm totally okay with that set.

The Reds are solid, I like the black. There really isn't a lot of it, so it works for me.

The Brewers seem off. The wheat is good, but I feel it's missing something. I just can't figure out what.

I LOVE the Pirates set. The white outlined "P" brings cohesion with the numbers.

For the Cardinals, up until 2012 they wore a blue cap,so I'm of the belief that a blue helmet with red mask could emulate that well. Other than that, I like the set.

Lot's of mixed signals with this batch... I love it.

1) How about making the face mask on the Cards helmet yellow tomimic the beak of the namesake and channel the yellow bat from the Cards' logo?

Sounds like a good idea on paper, but like the gold crown on the blue-powder blue Royals, the yellow beak/facemask motif sticks out like a sore thumb with there not being any other yellow. Thier shade is a bit too bright to be used elsewhere. In addition, I have another historically navy-red-white team that's located in the NL East who will be adding gold to their color scheme. I'll let you decide who that is...

Brewers: the current M logo just doesn't look right to me [How about using a blank gold helmet with the wheat stripe] Continuing Wheat Striping on jersey?

Cardinals: Cardinal head on helmet?

A logoless Brewers helmet is something that I had considered. Looks like I will try it out.

Already tried that instead of the STL logo, but the head is shaped a bit too awkardly to place on a helmet, losing what little detail is in the logo. This is why the ARizona Cardinals' logo works so well on a helmet, because it is shaped to be placed on a football helmet. The STL Cardinals' logo? not so much.

For the Brew... use current # font

hhhhhhhrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm............ we'll see. No guarantees, though.

Nice work! Some of these look better than NFL uniforms. These translate really nicely.

Thank you kindly.

Is there a reason you used the alternate P cap logo with the white outline, instead of simply the regular P without the outline?

Consistency.

1). My only sticking point is that something looks off with the Brewers.

2). The wheat stripes seem to need a third color between the blue and gold. It doesn't seem to fit the rest, where there is an outline.

1). Looks like you're not the only one.

2). I'm a bit confused on this. Are you talking about the numbers having the outline rather than the wheat or...?

I wasn't the biggest fan of this division. A lot of the look

Cubs: I think this is a little blue-heavy, especially on the road. Why not use red numbers on the white jersey, like the baseball team does when they're away? The home has great color balance, but the away loses that IMO.

Reds: I'm one of few who likes black for the Reds, but this is a little overdone. I think the shadows on the stripes are a bit much, and don't really work well on the helmet or the pants.

Brewers: Love the wheat stripe and think it would look good if you wrapped it around the sleeves in place of the M. The helmet logo looks really barren without the wheat, although I understand your reason for not wanting to be repetitive. What if you took the wheat out of this logo and applied it to the helmet?

x1poitlhifc8srw64hicefsh9.gif

Pirates: My only thing is that the pants stripe seems very out of place. White is kept to an outline in every element but this one, and the pattern is totally different than the sleeves and helmet.

Cardinals: You admitted that this one is a bit of a modernization, but it still too classic to fit that description. Why not incorporate their sock stripes to the sleeves? I also think that a tapered helmet stripe a la the Bills wouldn't look bad either. Lastly, make the facemask white to blend with the set. The red is too much and reminds me of the awful Arizona lid.

There's always one... ;) Hehe, just messin' with ya. Let's take this one team-by-team:

CUBS: Will try the red numeros.

REDS: Funny, the comment below this one states that there's enough red. :lol: The dropshadows on the stripes were a bit of a last-munite decision. When I thougt of it, I feakin' loved it and I still do. I will try a dropshadow-less look regarding the stripes this weekend.

BREW CREW: Wheat sleeve stripe is on deck for this weekend. As for the helmet logo? I'm completely stumped. This is the one thing in which no one seems to agree on.

PIRATES: Noted on the pants stripe.

CARDS: Here was (some of) the inspiration for the red facemask in case anyone was wondering...

dfc982ead5a99bcf211c12c411585758.jpg

...I do see what you're saying though. I just applied a white mask to the helmet and it looks better. As for the "traditional yet modern" phrase for the Cards, I didn't mean for it to be an actual modernization. I was mainly talking about the pants stripe, the Cardinal logo, and kinda-sorta the STL logo. The striping from the socks has already been applied to the sleeve striping and already looks a bit better.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

1). The Brewers seem off. blah blah blah

2). Something about a navy Cardinals helmet.

1). Sorry, but it's just repetition now. No hard feelings ;)

2). Sorry again, I deleted too much. A navy helmet sounds good as an alternate, but like most of these teams, I want to stay as close as I can to the current look (except san Diego... hint hint). Plus, I like the red hat's more than the navy, so there :P

1) Cubs: I'd suggest taking the Cubbie off the pants. It doesn't quite fit. I like it on the sleeve but I would ask if you'd considered the retro Cubbie from the sixties/seventies?

2) Brewers: Great job with the gold, especially the barley sheaf on the pants/helmet. Have you looked into doing the ball/glove design version?

3) Cardinals: St. Louis is really big on have no adornment other than the birds on bat so in keeping with that I would ditch all the stripes from the uniform. Nothing on the pants, sleeves, or helmet. Instead of striping, put the full body bird, minus the bat, on the sleeves. Maybe consider a white or grey facemask?

1) Will try removing the Cub from the pants. Did not consider the 60's/70's Cub because I prefer this version because it's more aggressive looking, which fits a football team much better.

2) If I do try anythnig related to the Ball/glove era, it'll only be with the color scheme.

3) hhhhhhrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm.... I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with this. dsaline recommended the sock striping, so I may just run with that. As for pants striping? I'm willing to ditch it... maybe. I'll have to see how it looks first.

One more comment on the Cardinals, maybe try fiddling with the STL logo? You can clear out some of the blue fill inside the logo. The baseball Cardinals just have an outline around the letters with no fill.

The outline of the STL logo got lost and looked so thin from the helmet that it was practically non-existent, hence why I filled in the space, to make the outline a bit more visible while acting as a semi-modernization.

Thanks for all the comments, eveybody! I'll be oging up to the big city for the next couple days (Columbus!) for field work, so I may not get around to any updates until Saturday. I appreciate the abundance of comments! I appreciate every single one of them. Keep 'em coming! :)

I think another improvement for the brewers is making the wheat gold on all parts of the uniform

Gold Helmet& Pants- Blue Stripe with gold wheat inside

Navy Jersey- Navy Jersey with gold wheat

White Jersey- Navy sleeve cap with gold wheat

I don't really like the blue cub logo on the sleeve on the home uniform. The blue on blue makes the cub hardly visible (is he hiding in a blue forest?). I think the cub logo works well on the white uni, so what if you changed the sleeve color to either white or red on the blue jersey? I'm not sure the cub works on the pant stripe for the same reason: he is too hidden. My suggestion is to use the same logo the Cubs already use on their pants (only the road ones).

I should also mention that you are doing a really good job on these. I'm greatly enjoying the thread.

award%20sig.png

I normally don't like crossover series (despite having made one myself once), but these are all quite solid.

I agree that the Brewers need some work, but I think you're on the right track. Maybe just experiment with the placement of the colors (try gold wheat on blue pants and so on) Otherwise, I think you're a few tweaks away from a perfect division here!

Archived