Yet Another Crossover Series: MLB Gridiron | COMPLETE

LAWeaver

All concepts will be posted in spoilers to try and reduce the size of each post.

Credit to Conrad for the fonts and several others as references for the Template (no, I'm not releasing it).

As always, C+C is appreciated. I will have a complete and up-to-date directory for easy access to each team, their original concept, and the link to updates if there are any.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

DIRECTORY:

• H = Home Uniform
  • R = Road Uniform (also referred to as "Away Uniform")
  • ALT = Alternate Uniform
  • UH = Updated Home Uniform
  • UR = Updated Road/Away Uniform
  • TH = Throwback Uniform (Only noted as a throwback if it is a second alternate uniform).
  • UU = Unused Options.

AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL WEST
Anaheim Angels: H | R | ALT
Houston Astros: H | R | ALT
Oakland Athletics: H | R | ALT
Seattle Mariners: H | R | UU SEA HELMET EXPERIMENT 10/9 | ALT | ALTU | ALTU2
Texas Rangers: H | R | ALT

AL WEST UPDATES 10-3-15
----------------
AL EAST
Baltimore Orioles: H | R | O's UPDATE 10/9 | ALT
Boston Red Sox: H | ROAD | BOSOX UPDATE 10/9 | ALT
New York Yankees: H | R | YANKEES UPDATE 10/9
Tampa Bay Rays: H | R | UU TB RAYS OPTIONS 10/9 | ALT | UH | UR
Toronto Blue Jays: H | R | ALT | ALTU
----------------
AL CENTRAL
Chicago White Sox: H | R | ALT | ALTU | ALTU2
Cleveland Indians: H | R
Detroit Tigers: H | R | UH
Kansas City Royals: H | R | UH | UR | ALT
Minnesota Twins: H | R | UH | UR

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL CENTRAL
Chicago Cubs: H | R | ALT | UH | UR
Cincinnati Reds: H | R | ALT | UUH | UUR
Milwaukee Brewers: H | R | ALT | ALTU | UH | UR | UUH1 | UUH2
Pittsburgh Pirates: H | R | UH | UR | ALT

St. Louis Cardinals: H | R | UH | UR | ALT

NL CENTRAL UPDATES 10/17

NL WEST

Arizona Diamondbacks: H | R | ALT | TH

Colorado Rockies: H | R | UH | UR

Los Angeles Dodgers: H | R | UH | UR

San Diego Padres: H | R | UH | UR

San Francisco Giants: H | R | UH | UR | UH2 | UR2 | ALT

NL EAST

Atlanta Braves: H | R

Miami Marlins: H | R | ALT

New York Mets: H | R

Philadelphia Phillies: H | R | UH | UR

Washington Nationals: H | R | ALT

Anaheim Angels

• Brought back the halo and put that on the helmet.
  • Simple Navy-White-Navy stripe for the home and replaced the white stripe with red for the road
  • Primary logo on the chest.
  • Navy-Red-Navy Stripes for the home pants. Added the logo on the pants above the stripe on the hip.
  • White replaces the red on the stripe for the red pants.
  • Pants are interchangeable, however the navy socks must be worn if they choose to go with red pants.

4qGLvMv.jpg
qTyv3u5.jpg

On the fence as to what I should do with the alternate. I can say for certain, though, that it will either be navy (booooo) or a throwback to the Disney era (yaaaay).

Suggestions:

• Include gold into the color scheme... Halo?
  • Add Logo to the helmet a la Oregon's Mirror wings

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like everything about the Angels unis.

The tequila sunrise stripes on the sleeves of the Astros are great.

I feel like the A's should have their "A's" logo somewhere on the uniforms.

For Seattle, I'd eliminate the "S" from the logo on the helmet, just go with the compass rose.

On the Rangers, I'd flip the flag on the right sleeve so it looks like the flag waving as the player is making forward progress.

Angels: The Angels are great. I think it would be interesting to put the A on the back of the helmet, similar to what Oregon has done in the past...

15586694-mmmain.jpg

...though I guess that would be a little redundant with the halo around the helmet. I really like this, it's a good start to the series.

On a side note, the Angels really should use the gold halo, like they did in 2011...

Astros: My favorite of the bunch. My only suggestion is to make the sleeve cuffs blue on the white jersey to add a bit more color to an orange-heavy look.

A's: I agree with Boss, I'd rather see the A logo on the hat, and move the elephant to the bottom of the collar. As long as they wear white shoes :)

Mariners: No teal home jersey? That sure would've been unique. Also, I'd like to see the away numbers outlined with silver then teal; this looks way to muddy.

Rangers: Awesome. You could make them like the Giants and go with a grey mask, that'd tie the whole set together.

You've vastly improved on your concepts since you first joined, and I'm excited to follow this! Good work on the West.

spacer.png

Everything looks really good. I'm a Rangers fan so I was particularly interested to see what you did with them. The Astros set was the best looking of the bunch. It definitely had the most character. The A's looked good as well. Can't wait to follow this.

Thanks for the fast response, guys! I'm on mobile so I can't multi-quote, but let me address some questions/suggestions right here:

- I thought about the gold halo. However, I'm using tan/gold on Minnesota following the unveiled logo "set" from over the winter. When I have time I'll tinker around with it.

- I used gray in the Mariners digits because I was trying to replicate the logo and theit alternate blue jersey. I was actually *this close* to making them royal blue/athletic gold/cream. However, I may use that for a certain NL Central team *hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*

- Astros in B/O/B would look collegiate/HS-like, but I'm open to adding navy to the away Tequila Sunrise striping.

- Reason for the A's elephant being used? I like it. Spent a good hour last night remaking it to remove the bats. Some of you may not like the Tigers as much if you didn't like the Elephant.

- Back to Seattle: I may redo the logo, eliminating gray completely, and making teal the main color, both for the helmet and the jersey. I do have a lot of navy teams, so I'm open to the switch.

- Flipping the Texas flag sounds like a good idea

- I'm also open to The Compass rose replacing the actual logo.

Sounds like I had a lot of decent individual ideas for Seattle, but didn't add up overall.

Still open to mire suggestions if anyone has them! I'll try and post the actual images for the other 4 teams instead of the links later. I won't be home until late tonight, so I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow.

Thanks for commenting!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Nice MLB Gridiron mock-ups!

Firstly I intend no disrespect whatsoever with the following, hope to offer another perspective.

The following would be one 'counter view', again added solely to broaden the perspective:

I. Within the confines of a helmet: vector graphic imagery for the Astros could be seen as 'busy' with the 'H' emblazoned on top of the star. Obviously MLB Houston uses this to great effect for their team in real life.

I have been preferential for logos that are clean, static on a helmet. My 2 cents: could it be a shown with the 'H' separate from their 'star' without looking like the NFL Cowboys?

II. Mariners' NFL mock-up holds well, even with their maritime graphic on top of their 'S', maybe due in part to the latter having a smaller visual than the former.

My 2 cents: would love to see their maritime graphic as their sole logo on the helmet.

Nice work!

I absolutely love every uniform in this set. My only complaint would be to add alternates. Maybe you can make the Angels a Navy blue, the Astros an Orange, the Athletics a yellow, the Rangers a red, and the Mariners a teal. That would complete every set and make this from a 9.5 to a ten!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I absolutely love every uniform in this set. My only complaint would be to add alternates. Maybe you can make the Angels a Navy blue, the Astros an Orange, the Athletics a yellow, the Rangers a red, and the Mariners a teal. That would complete every set and make this from a 9.5 to a ten!

Alternate uniforms will come once I have completed every home and road uniform.

A minor suggestion:

I. Mariners home: if their 'S' is solo on the helmet incorporate their maritime compass graphic in the piping on the (side) leg and piping on shoulders, as a substitute for the usual-stripes.

or,

II. Mariners home: if their maritime compass graphic is solo on the helmet, incorporate their 'S' into the (side hip) leg and piping on the shoulders, as a either a substitute or inclusion with the usual-stripes.

Again great work!

Houston Astros:

HELMET: Thought about including the Tequila Sunrise in the helmet somewhere, but I thought it would've been too much This idea will be used for a team who has had a history with... gradients. Instead, I went with the simple Blue-White-Blue striping on the helmet.

JERSEY: Ah, the fan-favorite. The tequila sunrise is probably the most infamous part of the Astros branding history. So, It would've been criminal not to include it into the uniform in some way, shape, or form.

PANTS: Same idea as the helmet.

D9uAMdl.jpg

FzgSkbP.jpg

An orange alternate and maybe a navy helmet will be unveiled at a later date TBD.

Suggestions:

• Navy Sleeve cuffs
  • Simplification of helmet logo

As a huge Mariners fan here are my couple suggestions:

• Add a second white stroke inside the teal stroke on the numbers just like they did on their baseball jerseys this season
  • Put the S on the shoulder and the plain nautical star logo on the helmet
  • instead of the stripes you put on the helmet, maybe a stripe similar to the line of the broncos helmet with the half grey half teal stripe like the nautical star
  • personally, I don't like the double stripe on the helmet or the sleeves, don't know exactly what i would do, maybe a stripe like carolina or just a colored sleeve cuff with the numbers on top and a logo on the side of the shoulders a la ravens and eagles

Okay so i went in and changed the angle of the plane on the primary, along with adding a larger stroke to make the skyline stick out a little more, then i was messing around with the basketball being white, kinda liked it what are your thoughts?

sidebysidebyside.jpg

Uh, wrong thread, bucko ;)

Okay so i went in and changed the angle of the plane on the primary, along with adding a larger stroke to make the skyline stick out a little more, then i was messing around with the basketball being white, kinda liked it what are your thoughts?

sidebysidebyside.jpg

Uh, wrong thread, bucko ;)

I know i had 2 open

Updates:

Anaheim Angels:

• Replaced silver halo with Gold
  • Swapped all red logos featured on red backgrounds with white logos.
  • Added logo to the chest and the back of the helmet
  • added gold trim to all stripes and numbers

KYPNKxE.jpg
Ey0tUal.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Houston Astros:

• Added Navy cuffs to the road uniform.
  • Simplified the helmet logo.
  • Added the logo to the chest.

guSg1Wy.jpg
d364gdn.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oakland Athletics:

• Moved the elephant to the chest
  • added the A's logo to the helmet

upiealL.jpg
ANGRbG9.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle Mariners:

• Teal becomes the primary color: Navy helmet & jersey becomes teal helmet & jersey.
  • All gray is replaced with white.
  • Compass Rose becomes the main logo and is featured on the helmet.
  • Compass Rose replaces the sleeve striping on the jersey.
  • New striping appears beveled in a similar style to the compass rose itself: Thick Navy stripe, Thick White stripe, thin Navy stripe.
  • Did not palce the logo on the chest as it would've become compass rose overkill.

nRQEpz5.jpg
36QjLK2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Rangers:

• Flipped the flags (that's fun to say).
  • Added the T logo to the chest; White T on the home, standard red T on the road.

pGVeJ6z.jpg
RzgrCPS.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Up next: the American League East, featuring Canada, gradients, white helmets, O's, and SOCKS.

Are you going Devil Rays on us?

Mmmm.... not 100 percent. However, you may recognize an element on all three parts that pay tribute to the Devil Rays name. Let's just say:

Devil Rays gradient - "Devil" + Current color scheme + TB + Faux back = mr.nascar13's craziest concoction he's ever created ;)

Archived