MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

Cujo I love your avatar today!

Also, I've noticed these gray caps show sweat stains a lot more than regular ones. Steven Wright is an example tonight, but I also saw it in the Giants-Rockies game this afternoon.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, insert name said:

Never. Yankees will never wear any different jersey other than Pinstripe and Gray.

If the Yankees can look like this at Yankees Stadium:

productImages%2f_2407000%2fff_2407511_fu

they most certainly can wear this.

ff_812345_full.jpg&w=340

6uXNWAo.png

34 minutes ago, rxmc89 said:

The Mothers Day jerseys look really sharp.  I really want to go out and buy one.

--No one ever

I dont want to buy one but their not bad. The grey hats killed it.

I might think about the Mets Fathers Day one, however. The double blue and pinstripe look really sharp.

YVRMUBj.png

So the Yankees actually went along with this nonsense? Anyone who said they'll "never" do something is foolish. Recoloring the logo is pooping on scores of years of tradition. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So the Yankees actually went along with this nonsense? Anyone who said they'll "never" do something is foolish. Recoloring the logo is pooping on scores of years of tradition. 

Ironically enough, the Yankees might actually have the best looking of all the mothers day jerseys.

I can't believe we're at a point in time where people are just accepting this ridiculous cash grab and saying "it's not that bad." If I had told you all 5 years ago that teams would eventually wear a special uniform for every holiday during the season, everyone would have been pissed. Thankfully a good deal of us are upset by this but it's so upsetting that MLB has lost all sense of professionalism. They're no longer any better than the minor league shenanigans.

15 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I can't believe we're at a point in time where people are just accepting this ridiculous cash grab and saying "it's not that bad." If I had told you all 5 years ago that teams would eventually wear a special uniform for every holiday during the season, everyone would have been pissed. Thankfully a good deal of us are upset by this but it's so upsetting that MLB has lost all sense of professionalism. They're no longer any better than the minor league shenanigans.

Now now, they haven't done Earth Day, Cinco de Mayo or Labor Day uniforms yet. Crap, I gave them ideas.

6 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

This begs the question, what will the team do for the cap logo?

Will it be, the inaccurate bird?

Orioles-Cap-Logo.png

The accurate bird?

66emb-png.png

Or are they going to lazily use the current bird? Who knows?

Picked up the first two one-off hats of the season today. 

For the hat groupies it's always interesting to observe the differences between caps. The Mothers Day cap is made in Vietnam, designated "only" as a 5950, and has an extra tag in the bag stating "engineered exclusively for MLB players". The Memorial Day cap is US made and tagged SS16 ONF. I assume this means Stars and Stripes on field 2016. The US made cap fits slightly larger even though they're both 7 3/8. 

image.jpg

Archived