MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

59 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wait... so the Padres finally differentiate themselves a little bit from the Brewers by dumping the sand/barley color the two teams shared and add yellow to the navy, and the Brewers go and copy them? WTF?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to tell for certain, but Stroman's wearing what might be the 2016 Jays jersey in a promo.  It has the 2016 Majestic logo and the 40th season patch.  It looks like a double knit without side panels.  I really hope this is a new issue and not something put together for off season promos.

Jays 40th Stroman 2Jays 40th Stroman

banners

Coolbase is not that old, is it really necessary to change again ?  And i wonder if those mesh side panels are made of he same material as the underarm mesh from the coolbase jerseys.

And the tail is also mesh now ?.......  hmm, it seems like less and less material is used in making those jerseys.

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Love the new cap. That's how the Brewers should look. But, the space between the W and A in the jersey with the yellow background is bothering me to no end. It looks really really sloppy. 

The Brewers have extended the proud, long-standing tradition of their front office onto the field, by unnecessarily creating more new problems in a haphazard attempt to fix the old ones.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Brewers have extended the proud, long-standing tradition of their front office onto the field, by unnecessarily creating more new problems in a haphazard attempt to fix the old ones.

Well, if there's any bright side, they are retiring the other navy "Milwaukee" alternate and the gold alternate.  Still, they should trash everything and start over.

4 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Well, if there's any bright side, they are retiring the other navy "Milwaukee" alternate and the gold alternate.  Still, they should trash everything and start over.

May be an unpopular opinion but I liked the gold jersey, the navy home alternate is what should have been removed.

These side panels are really going to bother me. There's no reason to have side panels on a baseball shirt to begin with, but then to not fill them in for the pinstriped teams is flat out inexcusable. It wouldn't be athletic wear if we didn't make some superfluous seams, ehh Majestic?

Also, Brewers, Padres, talk to each other. This is why leagues have their own properties department so teams don't do things like switch to the same color scheme in the same offseason. Someone at Major League Baseball should've told the Brewers they can't use the same colors that San Diego is adopting. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like it and it's an upgrade over the previous Milwaukee Road Alts. This is sort of like a reverse of what the Mariners did last year.

Still though either go to BiG with the current colors like this full time or go full royal/yellow retro. They're really Padresing it up right now. 

14 hours ago, jrodsep said:

Love the new cap. That's how the Brewers should look. But, the space between the W and A in the jersey with the yellow background is bothering me to no end. It looks really really sloppy. 

Based on this picture, the problem also existed with the old navy "Milwaukee" alt.

61297a_lg.jpeg

This picture suggests that it isn't as noticeable if the jersey is buttoned . . . and the angle is right.

jersey10ps001.jpg

Even with that, it still looks really sloppy.

EDIT:  Apologies for the huge pictures.  Is there a way to make them smaller?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Can anyone direct me to somewhere I can visually see the differences/comparisons between double knit, coolbase, flexbase, this new side panel crap, etc.

I've always heard about this stuff but have never really known how to tell them apart. This new side panel debacle has me needing to know more. Thanks in advance.

Archived