MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

12 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

Maybe I'm mistaken. I remember seeing a handful of players wearing normal-looking game caps in the DE material. Oh, well.

On second thought, there have been some caps introduced as alternates and were Diamond Era from the start- meaning they were never offered in the usual poly. For example, the Mets royal cap with the gray "NY" was a game cap but it was never available in the old material. Was always DE.

Basically what I'm saying there have been some alts introduced exclusively in the DE materials, but they haven't made all of the existing designs available in DE. Hope that makes sense.

image.jpeg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Which is a shame, because if it weren't for the weird logo outline and the material, that would be a beautiful cap.

Although at least the outline looks good on Cleveland.  I don't know if that's a decent tradeoff for the other 29 teams, but...

It wouldn't be AS bad if the outline didn't feel like it was encroaching into the actual logo.. That's my biggest issue with the DE caps.. The outline seems to be about 75% outside the logo, and about 25% into the logo's territory

9 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

It's awful. As far as I know, Reebok was the first to do that. They used that on some of the NFL sidelines hats. The Bears hats (from at least 2005 on) had a raised outline on the C. It looked bad on such a straightforward logo, and it looks awful on more abstract ones or odder shapes. I don't think I'd wear one of the Sox BP caps if I got one for free. It distorts the logo unless you're looking at it straight on.

white-sox-mlb-diamond-era-59fifty-black-

Help me out. What am I missing?  What wrong with this hat?

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

What I don't get is some here bash the Milwaukee faux back look as copying Seatlle but then White Sox essentially go the same route and its applauded. 

IMO - Both Milwaukee & Sox look awesome. Ditto on Houston's Tequila Sunrise. Probably gonna nab all 3 teams gear. 

Toronto lost me. IIRC, navy isn't in the current color scheme. Is this some kind of nod to the Leafs lol

Marlins - the Black/Orange/Blue pops ...much like it used to for a division rival  (Mets). I would really love to see them ditch this current mess and go back to teal. 

NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Help me out. What am I missing?  What wrong with this hat?

Even from that shot, the black outline looks clumsy. But from any angle other than pretty much dead on, the logo is going to be distorted as the superfluous black outline will cover up part of the white logo.

3 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

What I don't get is some here bash the Milwaukee faux back look as copying Seatlle but then White Sox essentially go the same route and its applauded. 

I may be mistaken, but I think everybody here was complaining that Milwaukee copied San Diego, not Seattle. The Padres stupidly went to navy and yellow this year (for a quarter of their games). Now the Brewers decided to sway from their current crappy colors, navy and gold, to a new crappy color scheme, navy and yellow for alternates only select games. Both teams :censored:ed up because the Padres should be wearing brown and yellow and the Brewers should be wearing royal blue and yellow. The Mariners should stop wearing their fauxback because it sucks and they were irrelevant in that era.

Anyway, as a Sox fan, I hate the new BP look. But at least it features the old logo in the current colors. The Brewers alternate features the old logo in colors they've never worn before, and shouldn't wear in the future. I have no idea what they were doing.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I just got to wonder, were the players really complaining that much that their butts were too hot before?

Also, why wouldn't the tail of the front get the new thinner part as well? I'd think crotch sweat is more annoying then butt sweat!

Post a poll here on sportlogos.net to get your assumption verified,

it´s the only way we will know for sure.

As far as the butt panels hindering jersey sales, I think it actually won't stop too many people from buying them. If anything, the butt panel adds another indication that the jersey the fan is wearing is authentic. They will be walking around the park with their butt panel hanging out proudly.

3 minutes ago, daveindc said:

As far as the butt panels hindering jersey sales, I think it actually won't stop too many people from buying them. If anything, the butt panel adds another indication that the jersey the fan is wearing is authentic. They will be walking around the park with their butt panel hanging out proudly.

Yeah, but that will only be until the Chinese figure out how to include the butt panel on their "authentics".

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

48 minutes ago, NJTank said:

Excellent news.  These things are beautiful, and more pinstripe time is awesome time.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

And why does the script on the front have a substantially thicker orange outline than the numeral on the back? Both have similar blue stoke weights.

The numbers and name aren't actually there, just a photoshop job to show what it would look like.  That's why they're different.  They should be right in life.

On a side note, every post I've made in this thread now immediately loads the long post I'd written earlier.  Any idea how to get the new forum to quit that?

spacer.png

spacer.png

19 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Toronto lost me. IIRC, navy isn't in the current color scheme. Is this some kind of nod to the Leafs lol

The Leafs wear dark royal, so no.

As for the Jays? YDNRC. The Jays' colour scheme is royal blue, navy blue, red, and white. Navy only appears on the logos and as a barely noticeable outline on the road wordmark, but it is part of the scheme.

With all the changes that are being made, I'm starting to get excited and decided to get an early jump on the Wikipedia uniform images for the year.  As I do, I noticed something I didn't before.  The new Houston alternate will be the only one to not have a number on the front.  

492957302013.gif492948942013.gif492972712013.gif

Houston-Astros-alt-2-590x590.png

Admittedly, I've never had front numbers on my team's uniforms, but I really don't understand this.  Why do teams switch around which unis have front numbers and which don't?  I can maybe understand if you feel it looks better with one wordmark and worse with another, but in instances where the uniforms are exactly the same?  Why?

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I feel like that Houston jersey would look better with piping, it looks like a BP jersey right now.

That too.  I just finished the image, and realized how weird that is too.  I've always had a problem with piping-less blue uniforms looking more like pajamas than uniforms to me.  It's especially puzzling in this case, as it's the only uni in the set that doesn't have it.

2aaef6q.jpg

Aaaaand I just realized the pants in the full image of the uniform doesn't have any piping.  Are they ditching it all like the Padres and, no doubt, the Brewers?

Houston-Astros-alt-4-590x786.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived