MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the Blue Jays had to change the logo more than necessary just to say they did, but looking at that picture it reminds me how much better their logo would look if the bottom of the bird was royal blue and the top was light blue. They could have still produced navy sweatshirts without forcing it into the logo. But at least they had the good sense to leave it off the uniforms (outside of the superfluous outline on the road wordmark). The Buffalo Bills' look would be greatly improved if they showed the same restraint the Blue Jays did.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I know the Blue Jays had to change the logo more than necessary just to say they did, but looking at that picture it reminds me how much better their logo would look if the bottom of the bird was royal blue and the top was light blue. They could have still produced navy sweatshirts without forcing it into the logo. But at least they had the good sense to leave it off the uniforms (outside of the superfluous outline on the road wordmark). The Buffalo Bills' look would be greatly improved if they showed the same restraint the Blue Jays did.

Yeah, this would have been better:

Qfg0qh6.jpg

with the baseball back on the hats because f-ck the police

ckMwJHS.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

tumblr_nwbi3fX1e91u5vv2fo1_1280.png

Beautiful

Awesome. They all wear different colored squatchees too!

Neat little detail. Had the Dodgers won, they'd be wearing the exact same cap as the Royals, with the white squatchee. Had the Astros gotten in, then there'd be another orange squatchee cap alongside the Mets. Kind of neat how the LCS participants worked out: all blue, yet different secondary colors.

What the Astros should really do is make orange the primary color and demote navy to secondary.

Yes. Yes, they should...

tumblr_inline_mgdelisTQs1r9hijc.gif

Have to agree, orange should be the primary color. They wouldn't be the only orange team, and yet they'd still be set apart.

Because in 1969 nobody cared about things like being set apart from the Dodgers. They only cared about good design.

...but it's not 1969 anymore, it's now 2015.

I agree with Almighty, here. I don't think it would hurt for them to use some more gold in their identity. A gold outline could be a subtle addition that could not only set them apart from the Dodgers, but could just spiffy up their look in general. It's worth a shot, anyway. They'd sell more jerseys, and if it ended up looking bad, they could always revert to their current look.

Besides, this isn't exactly a team that never deviates from tradition. They jumped on the BFBS bandwagon for several years. If they were willing to do that, then I don't think adding some gold trim (which is a team color, anyway) should be considered that wild of an idea.

The only drawback of this, of course, is that then they may start to look like the Brewers. But all things being equal, gold+blue+white > blue+white, especially for a team named the Royals.

tumblr_nwbi3fX1e91u5vv2fo1_1280.png

Beautiful

Awesome. They all wear different colored squatchees too!

Neat little detail. Had the Dodgers won, they'd be wearing the exact same cap as the Royals, with the white squatchee. Had the Astros gotten in, then there'd be another orange squatchee cap alongside the Mets. Kind of neat how the LCS participants worked out: all blue, yet different secondary colors.

What the Astros should really do is make orange the primary color and demote navy to secondary.

Yes. Yes, they should...

tumblr_inline_mgdelisTQs1r9hijc.gif

Have to agree, orange should be the primary color. They wouldn't be the only orange team, and yet they'd still be set apart.

I don't think the shooting star should be as large as it previously was. How about small shooting stars on each sleeve?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

New bigger "post season" sleeve patches for this round ? First round they looked like plastic, now they changed. Pretty dumb all around, only in the WS should teams wear patches imo

Patches are the same as the previous round.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I do not understand why the royals home jerseys do not have a gold outline on the front script (and perhaps on name and number) the the MLB batter logo on the neck is blue white gold, and it would set them apart from the Dodgers .

The way I see it, there's already a distinct detail that sets the Dodgers and Royals apart: LA's red front numbers. Not to mention the different piping Kansas City employs altogether, and LA doesn't have a regular blue or powder blue jersey either. Yes, they're kinda close in idea as far as the general idea goes, but there's already enough for me to separate the two and I never have trouble telling the two apart. I don't think more detail is necessary.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

New bigger "post season" sleeve patches for this round ? First round they looked like plastic, now they changed. Pretty dumb all around, only in the WS should teams wear patches imo

Patches are the same as the previous round.

Okay then, just thought they looked less glossy

I do not understand why the royals home jerseys do not have a gold outline on the front script (and perhaps on name and number) the the MLB batter logo on the neck is blue white gold, and it would set them apart from the Dodgers .

The way I see it, there's already a distinct detail that sets the Dodgers and Royals apart: LA's red front numbers. Not to mention the different piping Kansas City employs altogether, and LA doesn't have a regular blue or powder blue jersey either. Yes, they're kinda close in idea as far as the general idea goes, but there's already enough for me to separate the two and I never have trouble telling the two apart. I don't think more detail is necessary.

Fair point, But it would be a nice touch imo, nobody else has gold in mlb as far as i know

For the people on this forum, the front numbers and piping are plenty to tell the Dodgers and Royals apart. For the average fan, though, the uniforms are nearly indistinguishable. That's definitely a problem. Gold trim is not the way to go, IMO.

Then maybe something like Royal-powder-Royal piping on the sleeves and pants would work? I really wouldn't want them to change much because I think they look stellar as they are. But if they had to change anything, I don't think that'd be a bad move.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived