MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, speedy said:

Buying a replica jersey with a NOB for either the Red Sox (home whites) or Yankees in inexcusable. They sell replicas for both teams with NOB and without, for the same price. 

I'm pretty sure all Replica Jerseys have NOB. There's no option.

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I never liked Replica Jerseys because they always looked incomplete. For the teams that have numbers in front and patches, the replica jerseys don't include them.

And that's just it - they want them to. But the Yankees home jersey has single color numbers, so how can you simplify that? If they didn't add the NOB the only difference would be the stitched in pinstripes and the batterman logo. For most people there would NEVER be a reason to buy an authentic if that were the case. 

Anubis.png

22 hours ago, the admiral said:

A composite of Dice and various low-level Sopranos characters.

Progressive Boink wrote about every bridge-and-tunnel scumbag in this GOAT-gif contender:

baseballyankeefans.gif

It's glorious. A real work of art. Everyone must read it.

It´s all right though , the guy got the authentic jersey with both the stadium patch and the world series patch, i got one like it myself, with #25 

New York, New York! It's a helluva town!

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I haven't seen a Padres wordmark that compares design-wise to the SD so I'm perfectly happy with the SD only being used.

Agreed ... The Padres wordmarks have looked cheap, while the SD looks classic.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

8 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I haven't seen a Padres wordmark that compares design-wise to the SD so I'm perfectly happy with the SD only being used.

6 hours ago, Mitch B said:

Agreed ... The Padres wordmarks have looked cheap, while the SD looks classic.

IMG_4223.jpg

sandiegopadresrandyjones1976homehjerseyH

ecfa916bc6f0eb48551a08fe20097d48.jpg

f9464a5232597b5ba6da6d77ebb7820d.gif

padres-camo-5.png

These have all been solid IMO.

On 5/2/2016 at 6:22 AM, Cujo said:

This I can guarantee: The Yanks will break out navy jerseys wayyy before they'll ever slap on NOBs -- not that their "fans" would notice.

fans.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=44

Ohhhhh...  I just happened to have the forums open on my phone, so I got a second look at this post after the dig had been edited in.  Dirty pool.

But in my busyness, everyone's pretty much accounted for the fact that you can't expect everyone to shell out the money for authentic, and this is what replica means for the team.  Although, admittedly, I'm 90% sure by the last of white outline for the letters that this guy got taken or just bought something even cheaper.  And I had one of those t-shirts myself.  I've never in my life seen a version of those without the name, including the dodgy versions at flea markets and folding tables on the street down the block.

On 5/4/2016 at 0:13 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

I remember watching that game and thinking, "I never thought anything could possibly add to my hatred for the Yankees, but...that kid's got a real gift."

Really?  I would think that the high point would be this...

Huh...  No gifs of Jeffrey Maier being carried on peoples' shoulders.

Nevertheless, that's rather innocuous, save for the guy who keeps cursing Cruz out.  Something good happens, you tend to be overjoyed.  It could be worse.

boston-crowd.gif

1358273918_boston_celtics_lady_fan_suppo

bostonfansteal.gif

pat-burrell-signs.gif

11 hours ago, hawk36 said:

After seeing these for a few weeks, and as much as I want the brown back full time, I have to admit this is a great look. Solid. Slight tweaks I'd suggest:

1. Add jersey stripe to pants

2. Make the S on the cap yellow too

tyson-ross-mlb-los-angeles-dodgers-san-d

Meh.  I disagree.  I like the two-tone cap, adding a little variety and setting themselves apart from everyone but Minnesota, with a nice callback to their height as a franchise.

spacer.png

spacer.png

11 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

f9464a5232597b5ba6da6d77ebb7820d.gif

These have all been solid IMO.

For me that was the worst of them all. The "P" trying so hard but failing to be a sail boat, and the "a" not connecting on the top, didn't work. Other wordmarks have been OK but nothing as refined as the current SD in my book.

8 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

But in my busyness, everyone's pretty much accounted for the fact that you can't expect everyone to shell out the money for authentic, and this is what replica means for the team.  Although, admittedly, I'm 90% sure by the last of white outline for the letters that this guy got taken or just bought something even cheaper.  And I had one of those t-shirts myself.  I've never in my life seen a version of those without the name, including the dodgy versions at flea markets and folding tables on the street down the block.

The outline was only added in the last generation of replicas in ~2012. That's an older jersey. I have one myself from MLB.com 

Anubis.png

6 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

The outline was only added in the last generation of replicas in ~2012. That's an older jersey. I have one myself from MLB.com 

Thanks.  That's why I didn't make it an absolute.  You never know when that 10% is lurking out there.

I've never gone the authentic or replica route.  Always worn a navy Mattingly fashion to the games.

$_35.JPG   a5ja02.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

On May 4, 2016 at 8:09 PM, the admiral said:

A composite of Dice and various low-level Sopranos characters.

Progressive Boink wrote about every bridge-and-tunnel scumbag in this GOAT-gif contender:

baseballyankeefans.gif

It's glorious. A real work of art. Everyone must read it.

Here's one where the guy makes pizzas. 

image.gif

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

4 hours ago, insert name said:

Personally I think this was their best look. I honestly don't get the hype over Brown and Yellow. It makes them look like UPS drivers.

tonyhrinworldsereis1.jpg

I disliked the grays.  Just seemed uber plain.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/1/2016 at 6:22 PM, insert name said:

Mets are 0-2 in 1986 uniforms. I think they're bad luck.

Also, the hat they wear is different from their normal hats. It has the BLUE button top as oppose to the ORANGE button top and underneath the Bill is WHITE instead of BLACK for some reason. If they wanted to be just like the 80's, it'd be GREEN. (I think it was still green in the 80's) From what I've seen in the Team Store, maybe I didn't look hard enough, they don't sell that hat at all. 

Mets went from green to grey in 1986. Look at the WS pics if you can find, they're grey.

Archived