MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

Jeez.   I still had a half-written post waiting on my phone, and I can't for the life of me find a way to delete the old quote boxes, so there may be a little something weird at the end of this post.   I'm currently hurtling down 95 on the Virginia-North Carolina border, so I'm hoping this makes sense.

The Mariners benefit from using the darker shade of navy.   One of the reasons I think the colors of the Yankees look so good is because of the stark contrast between the bright white and dark navy.   It seems to enhabce both colors.  The Mariners' home whites have always looked beautiful to me, and the darker shade almost makes their white look more... white.   It just pops.   I feel like that would be lost.

I don't think I've seen the team in person since the change, but I'm flabbergasted at people preferring the real and navy touching.   It's always looked like an improvement to me having the line in between.   Together, it always muddled into a drab blob.   Maybe a lighter shade of teal would help that.   But I could have sworn everyone celebrated when the Rangers added the separation to clean up the look of their wordmark, and I don't understand why this case would be different.

On 3/10/2016 at 7:12 PM, phutmasterflex said:

On 3/10/2016 at 1:08 PM, Survival79 said:
On 3/10/2016 at 11:12 AM, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I could have sworn everyone celebrated when the Rangers added the separation to clean up the look of their wordmark, and I don't understand why this case would be different.

It's not at all - I hated the Rangers' marks as well.  Separating like that muddies the wordmark and makes it harder to read. 

And yeah, don't care for this new layout with the quote boxes and such. 

We've gotta be approaching 90% on that new alt's usage. The only time they're not wearing it is for Retro Fridays and league-wide obligations, like Jackie Robinson Day or the upcoming Mother's Day. This is worse than what the White Sox did with their black alt a few years ago.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

33 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

We've gotta be approaching 90% on that new alt's usage. The only time they're not wearing it is for Retro Fridays and league-wide obligations, like Jackie Robinson Day or the upcoming Mother's Day. This is worse than what the White Sox did with their black alt a few years ago.

And worse than the Pirates have been doing. 

That said, I'm pleased to see the Pirates have only worn black once at home, and a handful of times since the first trip on the road. 

I went to a game, and it was a pleasant surprise to see the black jerseys, rather than the annoyance that it has been. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

13 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

how about in the late-90's, early 2000's when the Mets wore everything but traditional Pinstripe jerseys and the Blue hats? They didn't even wear it at all in the playoffs during that time.

XM4KeeA.png

For some reason the Marlins' Mother's Day mock-up jerseys had numbers on the front.  The real ones today are like the usual and don't have them

Chygkl1XEAAlCDQ.jpg

16 minutes ago, rroy0824 said:

Some of the Tigers players are wearing pink socks and Ian Kinsler is wearing the normal navy socks.  If they are going to do this, then it should at least be consistent.

Don't worry, he is probably making up for it by wearing pink panties.

But seriously, this is overkill, the pink bats were nice, and more than enough

1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

For some reason the Marlins' Mother's Day mock-up jerseys had numbers on the front.  The real ones today are like the usual and don't have them

Chygkl1XEAAlCDQ.jpg

Do the Phillies jerseys have the chainstitching or is it just a pink twill patch?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived