MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Part of the deal is that the players don't even have to wear these things, as long as whatever socks they wear don't have competitor logos on them.  Point being, this will certainly not bring about standardization - if anything, it could make it worse because as Stance starts giving teams more options (coming next year according to the release) you'll have some players wearing high cuffs and Stance socks, some players wearing high cuffs and regular socks, some players wearing stirrups, some players wearing striped stocks, and some players still wearing the stupid-looking pajama bottom pants that actually connect with the bottom of the shoe and cover everything up.

Standardization?  Hardly.

I'll admit i didn't read the release or anything like that, so thanks for putting that into perspective. I'm not sure that's what i want to hear, if that's what they need to do to keep stirrups around ?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers take a big ol' wizz over Retro Friday again by wearing their atrocious batting practice gear for the game.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Where is my dislike button?

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I swear I was about to put the same thing

While you two are looking for the "dislike button", most Yankees fans on social media are loving the look.

9 minutes ago, daveindc said:

While you two are looking for the "dislike button", most Yankees fans on social media are loving the look.

it actually is really well done. looks more like a worn look than just following a fad.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

it actually is really well done. looks more like a worn look than just following a fad.

I don't look at any of the new matte helmets as a "fad". The matte finish really does look better than shiny on MLB uniforms, imo. 15-20 years ago I might not have liked them, but when I watch games on my HD TV today, the matte helmets look perfect. The shiny ones look gaudy in comparison.

11 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Brewers take a big ol' wizz over Retro Friday again by wearing their atrocious batting practice gear for the game.

The Reds scored 3 runs in the top of the first inning so I turned over to see them actually hold a lead, saw the Brewers in their BP BiG, and I Abe Simpson GIFed right out of there. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like the Mets have a second set of helmets for the '86 jerseys. They've got a slightly lighter shade of blue and unlike the normal helmets, instead of the player's number there is the players name in the font of one of those old label making machines. Nice little touch of throwback accuracy.

YVRMUBj.png

When it comes to baseball, I like traditional white & greys, but after watching the Red Sox - Blue Jays game today, I must confess that Toronto's blue jerseys makes for a nice alternative if not worn too often.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 5/22/2016 at 8:40 PM, insert name said:

I disagree, I think this is their best look. I love everything about this jersey. 

hou-12-whitepin-3-675x380.jpg

It is a good look, but just not for a team that's called the Astros. I should think Tomorrowland when I see the Astros, not Frontierland. 

Anubis.png

18 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

It is a good look, but just not for a team that's called the Astros. I should think Tomorrowland when I see the Astros, not Frontierland. 

Agreed.  The 1994-99 Astros identity was one of my favorites.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived