MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

4 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

I thought that was a mustache at first. I'm disappointed now. 

Glad I'm not the only one who saw a 'stache there. I was like, "What A? I see a mustache but that's about it..."

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:06 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

The pants stripe not going to the waist and the dark gray are easily the 2 worst elements about their look.

Pants stripe not going to the waist, yes. I like the dark grey, though.

4 hours ago, radchad said:

It still boggles my mind that the Braves are abandoning a stadium that's less than 20 years old.

How difficult would it be to move the stadium, a la the castle from Gargoyles? Not far, just a couple hundred miles south.

Asking for a friend.

xmjp7.jpg

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

I was just coming to post that. Here is one of the ballpark renderings.

ballpark-rendering1.jpg

Off topic, but that looks like the most bland, generic, antiseptic design for a ballpark in decades. I don't think there's a single distinguishing element about this park. Fitting, given the circumstances under which it was built, and where it's located.

8 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Off topic, but that looks like the most bland, generic, antiseptic design for a ballpark in decades. I don't think there's a single distinguishing element about this park. Fitting, given the circumstances under which it was built, and where it's located.

Turner Field is tough to beat... Nasty traffic jams, :censored:ty neighbourhood, terrible parkings, boring as hell concourse/concessions and a total lack of character. I've been to 20 current MLB stadiums and it has to be bottom three with US Cellular and Tropicana Field.

It is very rare that I comment on a baseball thread but there is something I want to get off my chest. The Arizona Diamondbacks new uniforms... I saw them for the first time while watching them play the Blue Jays yesterday and I can't believe how awful they look on the field. I saw the post on the main site when they unveiled them and I thought they were bad then, but on the field, damn, they are brutal. 

6 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Turner Field is tough to beat... Nasty traffic jams, :censored:ty neighbourhood, terrible parkings, boring as hell concourse/concessions and a total lack of character. I've been to 20 current MLB stadiums and it has to be bottom three with US Cellular and Tropicana Field.

That's sad to hear.  I know that I've been spoiled living in Los Angeles and attending Dodger Stadium but I always thought that Turner looked beautiful on TV

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

5 hours ago, uuh70 said:

That's sad to hear.  I know that I've been spoiled living in Los Angeles and attending Dodger Stadium but I always thought that Turner looked beautiful on TV

Having been to both, there's absolutely no comparison...

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I disagree. I love skylines in stadiums especially in Baseball because it can seriously define them.

camden09972.jpg

pnc-park.jpg

Skylines look great, but 2 random with buildings nothing else around don't look good

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Skylines look great, but 2 random with buildings nothing else around don't look good

Agreed. A nice skyline (doesn't even have to be a big one) as a backdrop is wonderful.

A couple unremarkable, generic glass buildings wedged between two highways in the middle of suburbia does not a skyline make. For a ballpark with a terribly generic design, its "backdrop" will make it look that much worse.

41 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Agreed. A nice skyline (doesn't even have to be a big one) as a backdrop is wonderful.

A couple unremarkable, generic glass buildings wedged between two highways in the middle of suburbia does not a skyline make. For a ballpark with a terribly generic design, its "backdrop" will make it look that much worse.

It doesn't even look like a real ballpark design. It looks like some preset stadium in a video game when you relocate your team.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

9 hours ago, Thomas said:

Would look better without that hotel in the background

Eh. There would be nothing to see if they didn't put up a building or two. You're 10+ miles from downtown with no clear line of sight to the skyline. 

On June 23, 2016 at 1:08 PM, BlazerBlaze said:

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this but something of note from the new Brave's ballpark construction. The large script A which will go up over right field was installed yesterday. As you see below it's navy with a single red outline. This styling has only been used for the 68-71 away jersey before now. Maybe a sign of things to come?

13510937_1137189873007154_57003842592317

Facebook

Braves GM John Coppolella did an AMA on Twitter earlier. Posed a question about new uniforms and didn't get a response. 

I am absolutely convinced the Braves are getting new uniforms next season. They ditched the tomahawk on their special event unis this season (Mother's/Father's Day, 4th of July) for no reason. Can't tell me it was easier for Majestic to skip it, because they were just about the only team to ditch a major part of their uni design for the speciality unis. Seems likely a change is coming. 

1 hour ago, Bucs007 said:

Braves GM John Coppolella did an AMA on Twitter earlier. Posed a question about new uniforms and didn't get a response. 

I am absolutely convinced the Braves are getting new uniforms next season. They ditched the tomahawk on their special event unis this season (Mother's/Father's Day, 4th of July) for no reason. Can't tell me it was easier for Majestic to skip it, because they were just about the only team to ditch a major part of their uni design for the speciality unis. Seems likely a change is coming. 

GM's usually aren't a part of the uniform process, at least from what I can tell, but I do agree with you on this. I've felt that ever since I saw their special event jerseys. It doesn't appear they're going to change too much with them installing the A.

I think the majestic outfield skyline view is a little overdone -- you can't really see the city in Boston, Kansas City or Los Angeles but those are beautiful parks anyway. And when the view you're looking out to is the world-famous Cobb County skyline, I'd say you'd be better off to try something different.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

31 minutes ago, Digby said:

I think the majestic outfield skyline view is a little overdone -- you can't really see the city in Boston, Kansas City or Los Angeles but those are beautiful parks anyway. And when the view you're looking out to is the world-famous Cobb County skyline, I'd say you'd be better off to try something different.

Sort of agree...it's just that the way baseball fields and stadiums open up in the outfield (more so than any other North American sport facility), the opportunity to have a scenic view as a bonus is hard to pass up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived