MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2016 at 2:52 PM, Matito said:

I feel like nobody liked the last couple ASG caps but me. I still wear my Rays one (luckily without the ASG patch) to most games I attend. I'm still on the fence about the Cincinnati ASG cap for Tampa Bay, but only because of the gray front panel. The design was beautiful. I agree that they should be wearing their regular caps, but if they must wear a one-off, both Minnesota's and Cincy's were pretty good. This year, though... that's a different story.

The bills are horrible but I think the star eyelets and the gold trim were good as a generic "All Star Game" design.

5 hours ago, dbofox said:

Brewers wearing the Friday Retros today.  Looks great in the daylight with the roof open.  I like the pinstripes but I like the early 90's script over the block.

1992 Brewers Home.jpeg

I just wish the Brewers would do a rebrand and get it over with.  Their identity is such a big mess right now.  They are trying to have it both ways at once and it's not working, IMO.

39 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

What did you guys think of the stance socks in the derby tonight?

They were alright, would have much preferred players wear the solid brown with gold sanitary socks like the 80s Padres

14255773315_29c3d52a65_o.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

On 7/9/2016 at 3:53 PM, Around the Horn said:

On the subject of All Star games, I'd love to see Citizens Bank Park get one soon.

Curious - why does anybody care where an ASG is played, unless they just want it in their own hometown?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

58 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Curious - why does anybody care where an ASG is played, unless they just want it in their own hometown?

I mean, I'd care if it were in the Trop..... But I see your point. 

spacer.png

I'm not impressed with Stance, to be honest. I just feel like they've over-designed most of their team-specific (and special event) socks.

These would've been great if they didn't have "ASG" in the middle of the stripe.

(And obviously their socks in general would look a lot better without their signature "striped-blob" near the ankles.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

24 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

I'm not impressed with Stance, to be honest. I just feel like they've over-designed most of their team-specific (and special event) socks.

These would've been great if they didn't have "ASG" in the middle of the stripe.

(And obviously their socks in general would look a lot better without their signature "striped-blob" near the ankles.)

Yeah that part made it look like the players were wearing stirrups sideways with orange socks underneath. 

I also don't like socks with lettering on them or that Stance's logo is on the side. The stripes' colors change when worn by the players and they get a little bit stretched out, which is not a good thing. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm a week late but I don't think I saw it mentioned here... was I the only one who saw the wordmarks and numbers on the 4th of July jerseys as looking purple? Apparently they were navy but they had a red outline and a reddish gloss over the navy which obviously all looks purple to the eye? Even in pictures this is pretty clear. How did they not realize this when designing it? Really all they had to do was make one and LOOK AT IT. Nothing like representing the Good Ol US of A with our countries colors of red, white, and purple.

3 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Or at least put the teams logo on the front instead of the forced, arced wordmark. Horrible.

Not those.  I'm talking about tonight's game.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived