MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

White Sox really getting into the 1982 throwbacks ever since Chris Sale blew up, even though he tore up different throwbacks.

CoVbIb0WAAAsCeM.jpg:large

This uniform is in my Top 10.

When I initially heard the Sale story, I was totally supportive of him, because I thought he had shredded these uniforms. An atrocity of a uniform (poorly reproduced by New Era and Majestic to boot) forever associated with one above-mediocre season. I wish it would die forever.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If they keep winning, they'll switch to these full time with a rebrand and make the black/silver the alternates that Sale will inevitably cut up.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Maybe this is because I grew up in the 90's and 1993 was really the first year I paid attention to baseball, but the White Sox in anything other than black and gray is weird and wrong. There are 2 "Sox" teams in the American League and the White Sox thought it was perfectly acceptable for a few years to wear the same colors as the Red Sox. This hat, aside from looking like a lowercase e, is better suited for the Cleveland Indians. 

1990-Fleer-Update-Frank-Thomas-RC-216x30

I had maybe 6 instances of "THEY USED TO WEAR WHAT?!?!" moments as I grew to learn sports and sports uniform histories. Two were that the Pittsburgh Penguins used to be blue, and the New Jersey Devils green both boggled my young mind. Another was that the Vancouver Canucks stick in rink logo was an actual logo a real team tried to use as a primary. The last three belonged to the White Sox when looking through my father's baseball cards. The red and white years feel wrong, they look like the Phillies, the beach towels were awful 80's trash, and then the script button up pictured above uniforms just feel like they belong to another franchise, ill-fitting of the one wearing the uniform - Baseball's version of the current Tampa Bay Lightning. 

I'm glad they've wandered out of the woods and settled on an identity. An identity that I really like. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love the ASG logo and how they got the colorful Miami feel without overdoing it to the point of making it gaudy (as many feel the Marlins have done with a lot of their rebuild). This one is colorful yet still simplified enough. I'm also not 100% on board with the cutting of the stylized fish logo to form the top point of the star. As a Marlins fan who sees that logo daily it looks like the fish shape is broken. I'm thinking they could have left the fish intact (as it is on their caps) and you'd still get the impression of the overall star shape without sacrificing the fish shape.

Edit: Literally a five minute edit just to see what you guys think about "finishing" the fish shape and still noticing the star shape... thoughts?

asgedit.jpg

Still on the Marlins but not about the ASG logo... All season long I've noticed something off about the Marlins red orange jersey and the placement of its wordmark. I decided to look up pictures to see if I was crazy or if I was on to something. Seems like there's a definite issue here.

The jersey used to have two buttons from the neck to the wordmark but this year it has three, which has forced the wordmark to be lowered. In the past the wordmark was on the upper torso, basically across the nipples. This year it's down to the middle of the torso, like on the top of the ribcage just above the stomach, appearing to be across the center of the player's torso. I've compiled some pics of the jersey from 2012-2015 to compare it to a few of the jersey in 2016. Take a look below. What's up with this? Realizing the Marlins wordmark is pretty bunched together with not much empty space, I figured this problem has to be occurring with other teams with thick wordmarks so I looked up the Braves, the Phillies, and others and they're all using the two button jerseys and don't have this problem. Why would the Marlins insist on using the three button jersey if the two button is still available? Any clue? Also, in case anyone is wondering, this is not happening with the other Marlins jerseys as the other three all use the Miami wordmark which has more spacing between the letters and is able to fit the third button in the gap between the first I and the A.

1469564205505[1].jpg

1469564404914[1].jpg

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Still on the Marlins but not about the ASG logo... All season long I've noticed something off about the Marlins red orange jersey and the placement of its wordmark. I decided to look up pictures to see if I was crazy or if I was on to something. Seems like there's a definite issue here.

The jersey used to have two buttons from the neck to the wordmark but this year it has three, which has forced the wordmark to be lowered. In the past the wordmark was on the upper torso, basically across the nipples. This year it's down to the middle of the torso, like on the top of the ribcage just above the stomach, appearing to be across the center of the player's torso. I've compiled some pics of the jersey from 2012-2015 to compare it to a few of the jersey in 2016. Take a look below. What's up with this? Realizing the Marlins wordmark is pretty bunched together with not much empty space, I figured this problem has to be occurring with other teams with thick wordmarks so I looked up the Braves, the Phillies, and others and they're all using the two button jerseys and don't have this problem. Why would the Marlins insist on using the three button jersey if the two button is still available? Any clue? Also, in case anyone is wondering, this is not happening with the other Marlins jerseys as the other three all use the Miami wordmark which has more spacing between the letters and is able to fit the third button in the gap between the first I and the A.

1469564205505[1].jpg

1469564404914[1].jpg

I never noticed but now the 3 buttons on top slightly annoys me.

XM4KeeA.png

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

you are right, it´s way too low now.

55 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

1469564205505[1].jpg

1469564404914[1].jpg

The Orange Jerseys and Hats (RIP) were my favorite thing about the new look, it's now shattered. I hate the marlins as much as they hate color, They'll be a black/white/gray team before long again... lol

True2OB.png

Archived