MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally thin the "SD" monogram will look fantastic on he home uni. I've said it several times, this rebrand is especially frustrating to me because it's so close to being great. Add yellow the road and alt jerseys and caps and you've got a great uni set.

I disagree with literally everything you wrote. I think it will look awful on a home jersey. They're the Padres, not the San Diego SDs. Using the initials on the road or alternate is bad, but on a home jersey is awful. And I don't think a single element of the Padres identity outside of the SD is close to being good, let along great. They're wearing a color scheme nobody wants, and only wearing it on the home jerseys (which will see the field about 40 times a season). Each jersey looks like it's from a different set. And instead of wearing something respectable in brown like a throwback, they're going balls out and coming with a brown jersey. Even if you add yellow to the road and alt jerseys, you still have crappy wordmarks, no Padres on the homes, a brown throwback, a camo jersey, and a color scheme none of the fans want to see.

I think the Padres are gradually phasing out the Padres name. They haven't really embraced the actual mascot in their brand for years. They seem to want to be much more San Diego and a lot less Padres. In all honesty, if they don't want to embrace the mascot I'd really rather they just do become San Diego officially and leave it at that.

"A Union-Tribune source previously confirmed that hosting the All-Star Game allows for a trial look (for the Padres) that could be scrapped if it proves unpopular."

That'd explain why they're half-assing t. I wonder if that means they could add yellow to the roads and alts if all goes well.

Would that explain the Twins adding gold for only one set?

Just a quick question for @GONordiques or anyone else who has seen the new Dbacks Uni's

i saw this script on the Dbacks website (banner) and noticed it looked fairly different...

NOnegc9.png

It looks different than this...

6kvo0y36yuhah9syzf9vgfdzh.png

is it possibly the same/similar script to the script on the jerseys???

SIG.png

Just a quick question for @GONordiques or anyone else who has seen the new Dbacks Uni's

i saw this script on the Dbacks website (banner) and noticed it looked fairly different...

NOnegc9.png

It looks different than this...

6kvo0y36yuhah9syzf9vgfdzh.png

is it possibly the same/similar script to the script on the jerseys???

Not only the script but did you notice the subtle diamond pattern behind the "A"

If the diamond pattern is the sublimated design, what is the design shown on the teaser? I mean, I don't know much about the closeup details of the modern jersey, especially with my team not using the same materials as anyone out there. Is that what jerseys just look like closeup? Like corduroy?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Forgive me for not wanting to scroll back 391 pages....So this is actually happening?CUyhykzXIAICTID.jpg

That's great! Now if only they'd be smart enough to actually carry that color scheme over to the road/alt...

Another half hearted attempt. Typical. Don't like the white and yellow letters, would have preferred all yellow. And yellow color itself, at least in the pic, is almost volt, lemony. Would have preferred a yellow that leaned slightly more toward orange.

I would've preferred an all yellow letter mark as well. It feels weird to me to use different colors that represent two words from the same place name. It'd be akin to the Mets using a white N interlocking with an orange Y

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't mind the dual coloured letters, but the current SD was clearly designed to be monochrome. Simply recolouring the D without tweaking the rest of the logo to take it into account just sums up how half- :censored: ed this whole thing was.

@Dbacks with a teaser:

CVF2e4uUsAAq7Uw.jpg

I'm going to be annoyed if Arizona chickened out and dropped the teal at the last minute. All this hype would have been for nothing.

Go big or go home, I say.

Black, red, sand AND TEAL would look so badly forced. So far, I like how this looking, palette-wise.

6uXNWAo.png

Uh, guys...

With the Dbacks teaser, move your face about 6-10 inches back from your normal position at the computer (maybe 3-5 if you're in phone) and tilt your head 45 degrees to the right. Anybody else see a faint sublimation or ghosting of some sort in the black portion?

For the life of me, I can't discern what it is, but it looks like...something.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived