MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

D-Backs look like batting practice jerseys, and special event caps.

The teal is terrible imo, teal should be associated with water, that is why the marlins used it in the past, and the sharks of the NHL use it now. Noting could be further away in zona then a big blue-green sea

Snakehead with ball is too cartoonish, like something you see in the minors

Actually, teal is very much associated with Arizona and the Southwest. It is a color very frequently seen in Native American artwork, like Navajo weaves and jewelry. I was just at an art museum in Santa Fe not too long ago, and almost all of the pieces on display had some teal somewhere.

And the snakehead may be cartoonish, but it's something from their early years, along with the teal.

Yeah okay, but i have never seen a teal snake before B)

Except that one time i was in a hurry and got caught in my zipper :wub:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The teal is terrible imo, teal should be associated with water, that is why the marlins used it in the past, and the sharks of the NHL use it now. Noting could be further away in zona then a big blue-green sea

Actually, teal is very much associated with Arizona and the Southwest. It is a color very frequently seen in Native American artwork, like Navajo weaves and jewelry. I was just at an art museum in Santa Fe not too long ago, and almost all of the pieces on display had some teal somewhere.

And the snakehead may be cartoonish, but it's something from their early years, along with the teal.

I've never seen a tiger trapped in a giant letter "D" or a dolphin wearing a football helmet.

I've never seen a tiger trapped in a giant letter "D" or a dolphin wearing a football helmet.

You will find those 2 things in a zoo in eastern europe and seaworld respectively

I gotta think that the 14 uniforms are just an underhanded way of telling Sony/SCEA to add more uniform slots in MLB The Show. :) and on the flip side, the game designers are probably thinking "holy s***."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Reading comments on the DBacks' Instagram page, it seems like the Teal/Sedona Red alts are getting the most positive feedback.

Here's my prediction:

By 2017 they use the teal/red home and road alts exclusively.

By 2018 (club 30th anniversary), they go back to the Throwback on home and away as trial run and they stick with it.

Reading comments on the DBacks' Instagram page, it seems like the Teal/Sedona Red alts are getting the most positive feedback.

Here's my prediction:

By 2017 they use the teal/red home and road alts exclusively.

By 2018 (club 30th anniversary), they go back to the Throwback on home and away as trial run and they stick with it.

Works for me.

spacer.png

Oh good lord these Diamond Backs uniforms are disgusting. I think someone said it before but I'll say it again; they look like slowpitch softball uniforms with all of the goofy sublimation that is even on the hats, truncated piping, WHY? The primaries seem like they are way out there for the sake of being out there and they do not fit the professional baseball aesthetic at all, they are just so bad. However, I will say that the new scripts are nice and the alternate uniforms with the nice red, black and teal color scheme are actually not too bad, aside from the stupid half-pants piping.

Maybe the more tradtional baseball uniform alts are contingency plan in case the other thirteen uniforms are a flop like I hope they will be, but whatever, as long as this is just the DBacks acting out and not a sign of what's to come in the future for MLB design.

I think it's just the D'Backs. I remember similar complaints when the Marlins showed off their stuff, that they were "too festive" and that they didn't feel like traditional MLB uniforms. But since then, we saw rebrandings from the Blue Jays and Astros and neither went the route of the Marlins. If anything, the trend the past few years in baseball has been modernizing old looks, and even the D'Backs sort of went "retro" by bringing back teal to an extent and using the "A" as their primary cap logo.

The Marlins are Oakland Raiders classic compared to the D-Bags team Combat slopitch. Saying these are retro is like saying the Buccaneers are retro because of creamsicle orange accents...

It was all a matter of time before an MLB team decided to break the mold of traditional unis. I figured it would've been the Marlins a few years ago.

I can deal with the snakeskin pattern on the jerseys, but get that stuff off of the hats and pants now!!!

The teal accented gear is the best of the set. I'm shocked as to how much I like the combo of black, teal, and the red.

It's not my favorite,but I'll give Arizona a solid 8/10 on this one.

Those Diamondback jerseys are terrible. The only redeemable quality is the return of the snake ball logo and teal.

They look like something Adidas would come up with for a college team. The "Snakeskin" hat reminds of late 90s/early 00 gradient fashion hats. Or those spray pain sideline hats the NFL had a few years back just with the paint on the crown instead of the brim. (Here's the winter hat version)

And do they really need EIGHT (!) different uniforms (and 6 different hats)?!? The fact they have 2 homes and 2 roads seems like they couldn't decide on which design to use and just said "Why not both?!?" The ones with teal are ok and definitely the lesser of two evils. I bet in 2-3 years they become the primary and the other two are dropped completely. The Los DBacks jersey is unnecessary too.

At least there keeping the 2001 throwback which is all they really need to begin with. Just make a new gray version with purple instead of black (doesn't even need to be a vest) and a purple alternate and they'd be one of the best looking team in the league. Instead we got this new "kewl*" disaster which overtakes the Marlins as the worst uniforms in the league.

*Don't take that to mean I'm one of these traditionalists who hates everything modern. I don't, these are just over designed and looks like they were trying to hard to do something different.

As a Miami Marlins fan that loves my teams uniforms for being different but having limits... I'm so happy to see the Diamondbacks go all out with recklessly ugly new ideas... thankfully my team no longer has the laughing stock uniforms. Marlins and Brewers now look so awesome above these idiots.

BUT all of this does give me some beautifully hilarious design ideas... stay tuned!

Is it April 1st? What a joke. Honestly it looks like your annoying local adult softball team that takes rec league too seriously. Awful

Honestly yes.

These look so amateur.

It could just be me, but I feel like tide would be getting destroyed if there was a Nike swoosh on the sleeve instead of a majestic logo. These are a joke for mlb uniforms. They're bp jerseys at best.

Dear Diamondbacks,

There are too many uniforms. Please elminate three.

Or 8.

...another thing that hasnt gotten a lot of attention... theyve said that this was specifically designed to appeal to kids.

Thats a HORRIBLE idea... not because it shouldn't appeal to kids but because it's like their target was making it look like grown men were DRESSED AS KIDS.... its very different than having a clean uniform that kids can like (like the 90s Marlins teal)

It seems a bit hypocritical to me that one of the biggest complaints about the MLB is many teams look similar in terms of color and design, yet when teams try to do something different, it's said to be too different and too far from the norm.

Yes, it would be. Do you have an example of a single poster who has said both of those?

CVWWFWiUAAAbfkl.jpg

It's the Browns fiasco all over again

Perfect description.

The Diamondbacks relocated from the NL West to the SEC West and no one told us. Congrats on looking like a college team. The nicest thing I can say is that at least it isn't as bad as adidas' college designs.

How soon before the DBacks are allowed to field a whole team with each player wearing a different variation of their uniform?

How do you get the beans above the frank?

For what it's worth my 20 year old cousin who grew up in Phoenix, is a huge Dbacks fan, and now attends Arizona State told me he hates these. Some of his exact words were "Why are they doing this to me? Just god awful. The teal and gray are the worst things to ever happen to the state of Arizona." and "I refuse to buy that snake skin hat"

So not all of the young, "fire emoji" generation they were shooting for are in love with these.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the uniforms, although I'm admittedly a baseball uniform traditionalist. However, I love the black, red and teal color combo.

They're weird, but they're honestly not the worst uniforms ever.

Archived