MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

Brewers? First I've heard that rumor. Interesting, but don't like the idea. Their alt cap is already perfect, and I don't want them to introduce another alt based on their main uniform set since I want their main uniform set gone.

If there is something, maybe they'll show it at fanfest on the 31st. Either way, I agree with you 100% It's way past time their current set is buried forever. I fear we'll see a current cap with a gold brim, which would be completely unnecessary...or even worse, a gold cap.

I bet the Brewers are getting a new alternate jersey to go with the new hat.

They already have an alternate navy jersey, an alternate navy road jersey, an alternate gold jersey, an alternate Spanish-language jersey and an alternate retro pinstriped jersey that should be their regular jersey. What the :censored: is left for them to add?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers? First I've heard that rumor. Interesting, but don't like the idea. Their alt cap is already perfect, and I don't want them to introduce another alt based on their main uniform set since I want their main uniform set gone.

If there is something, maybe they'll show it at fanfest on the 31st. Either way, I agree with you 100% It's way past time their current set is buried forever. I fear we'll see a current cap with a gold brim, which would be completely unnecessary...or even worse, a gold cap.

They already have an alternate navy jersey, an alternate navy road jersey, an alternate gold jersey, an alternate Spanish-language jersey and an alternate retro pinstriped jersey that should be their regular jersey. What the :censored: is left for them to add?

A German-language gold alternate?

I'm not sure if this was brought up but the Marlins Twitter picture has a blue background. Is there a rumor of a blue hat or is there no need to speculate?

This was done just because we're in winter and has no connection to any uniform changes. The team media and everything related to the team interchangeably uses their orange, blue, and even their yellow in many facets. For example, the recent season ticket package sent out to holders is loaded with yellow. So, bottom line, it doesn't mean anything in terms of their caps or jerseys.

A camo alternate jersey with a camo alt cap. That's possible, isn't it?

Oh for God's sake. ENOUGH WITH THE CAMO!

They could wear them all inside out ! You know, just to break the monotony and boredom of the regular uniforms.

Oh for God's sake. ENOUGH WITH THE CAMO!

Well, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Brewers added a camo jersey, since it's a current trend in MLB, thanks to the Padres idea many years ago. No, I'm not a huge fan of camo alts either.

9 minutes ago, Packid said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see a navy alt for the Astros.  A color-swapped version of the home jersey would look fine...orange text, white outlines, and orange piping.

But then that clashes with the white text on the hat:

RH-cheap-sports-caps-7503.jpg

spacer.png

As an Astros fan, I hope it's not a camo jersey and/or camp cap. I would be happy with a navy top that looks just like Bo Porter's jacket above or with white lettering and an orange outline around the lettering. I liked the BP jerseys they've worn the last three years that they quit wearing for game action in early 2014.

The best would be a shooting star alt with an updated sleeve patch in place of the old Dome Astros logo. But that's extreme wishful thinking.

On 1/19/2016 at 11:46 AM, Almighty said:

They could wear them all inside out ! You know, just to break the monotony and boredom of the regular uniforms.

Whatever they wear, there will hardly be anyone there to notice anyway.

5 hours ago, Bucs007 said:

Reds wearing 1976 throwbacks on June 24 to honor the 40th anniversary of the 1976 World Champs. They're also inducting Pete Rose into the team hall of fame that weekend. 

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2016/01/19/details-for-pete-rose-weekend/

It would be nice if these were designed and worn correctly for a change, but I won't hold my breath.  They'll be way too big, with V-necks that plunge way too low, and the white pinstripe that lies in the middle of the red stripe on the collar will be way too wide.  The numbers will probably be too thin, as well. 

53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Only if it means replacing their primary uniforms. 

Something close to the Mariners cream set is what I'd like to see the Brewers change the color scheme to.  Only thing I'd change is to lighten up the blue a bit so it is more royal. 

4 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

It would be nice if these were designed and worn correctly for a change, but I won't hold my breath.  They'll be way too big, with V-necks that plunge way too low, and the white pinstripe that lies in the middle of the red stripe on the collar will be way too wide.  The numbers will probably be too thin, as well. 

So true, but it's another way for the Reds to sell the hat they should be wearing full-time: no stinking black drop shadow, just a plain white wishbone C. 

Archived