Wanna be a mad scientist?

MCM0313

So, this website (not the one we're on now...this one: http://teamcolors.arc90.com) has Pantone and RGB color coordinates for every Big 4 team as well as some soccer teams. This leads me to wonder...what would be some good combos of different teams' colors? Here are some of my ideas (RGB coordinates in parentheses):

Primary: Redskins burgundy (63-16-16)

Secondary: Titans light blue (68-149-210)

Tertiary: None

(This would also work with the primary and secondary reversed.)

Primary: Cowboys' silver-blue-green (186-202-211)

Secondary: None

(I wanted to combine this with the Eagles' midnight green, but according to this site the Cowboys' silver-blue-green is also a minor complementary color of the Eagles'---like, their fourth color. Weird.)

Primary: Celtics' green (0-131-72)

Secondary: Seahawks' navy (0-21-50)

Tertiary: Milwaukee Bucks' cream (240-235-210)

Primary: Sunderland FC's gold (166-138-38)

Secondary: Tampa Bay Rays' light blue (158-206-238)

Primary: Athletics' green (0-56-49)

Secondary: Buccaneers' orange (255-121-0)

Tertiary: SF Giants' cream (255-253-208)

Anyway, I'd just like to see football teams in some of these combos. I'm weird, I know. Incidentally---and I already knew this, but this page reminded me---NFL teams often share colors, because the league limits them to one unique color per team. Thus, the Falcons and Giants have the same shade of red, the Jets and Packers have the same shade of green, etc. Although, the Dolphins seem to have gotten around this rule somehow, because their aqua and coral are both unique colors in the NFL.

The Dolphins "coral" isn't really coral to me anymore. It's more of just a bright orange now, which I guess isn't particularly a bad thing, but the shade they used back in the 70's was better.

BTW the link isn't working.

The Dolphins "coral" isn't really coral to me anymore. It's more of just a bright orange now, which I guess isn't particularly a bad thing, but the shade they used back in the 70's was better.

Oh, I agree it's not really coral, but they still wear a different shade of orange than anyone else in the league. You're right that the link isn't working. That's bizarre.

http://teamcolors.arc90.com

Oh, I agree it's not really coral, but they still wear a different shade of orange than anyone else in the league. You're right that the link isn't working. That's bizarre.

http://teamcolors.arc90.com

There. Now it works.

Archived