infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 4

infrared41

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The over-designed game of the week:

Browns - Chargers: Lest anyone think I'm picking on Cleveland yet again, let me preface this by saying that, despite my best efforts not to, I'm starting to warm just a little more to the new Browns look each week. As this game so beautifully illustrates, the biggest issue with this new Browns look is it's overdone. There's just too much going on. The same thing can be said about the current Chargers look. Both of these teams have great color schemes and both uniforms have serious potential. But thanks to weird stripe placement and unnecessary additions to the uniforms, they both fall well short of that potential. A few simple fixes could make both of these uniforms "modern classics." Until then, we're stuck with looking at this game and thinking "what if?"

Browns%204_Fotor.jpg

We don't have to wonder :D

81246653_zpsofgqliht.jpg

Or even...

LaDanian_Tomlinson_vs_Cleveland_(cropped

browns-sherk1970-0e14b2052cb4481d.jpg

Browns - Chargers: Lest anyone think I'm picking on Cleveland yet again, let me preface this by saying that, despite my best efforts not to, I'm starting to warm just a little more to the new Browns look each week. As this game so beautifully illustrates, the biggest issue with this new Browns look is it's overdone. There's just too much going on. The same thing can be said about the current Chargers look. Both of these teams have great color schemes and both uniforms have serious potential. But thanks to weird stripe placement and unnecessary additions to the uniforms, they both fall well short of that potential. A few simple fixes could make both of these uniforms "modern classics." Until then, we're stuck with looking at this game and thinking "what if?"

Browns%204_Fotor.jpg

This is exactly why pants word marks aren't good ideas--because they're upside down half the time. Maybe a nice theory on the drawing board, but it doesn't translate well to the field.

Upside down half the time, looking like :censored: all the time.

Browns%204_Fotor.jpg

We don't have to wonder :D

81246653_zpsofgqliht.jpg

15953036393_a2e493b66b_zpsvl97dhum.jpg

I'll take that 90's one 100 times. In my personal opinion, the best both teams ever looked.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

nah, give the Browns the orange pants that they had around 2002 and that's the best they ever looked. I think they even had a flake added to their helmets so it'd sorta match teh sheen of the pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought for sure the Cardinals/Rams game would make your cut for "Worst of the Week." It was so drab. Those black Cardinals jerseys are some of the worst in pro football.

temp20151004RamsAri17--nfl_mezz_1280_102

This picture had all you'd want in a Mountain West game.

Do you think the Browns uniform designers have realized, by now, now ridiculous they look? Paraphrasing Kenny Rogers, you have to know when to run.

ohryan: Do you think the Browns uniform designers have realized, by now, now ridiculous they look?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If they don't they're downright stupid and in denial of something so obvious.

I still would like to read a copy of the NFL's 5-year rule on uniform changes.

People don't buy pants, they buy jerseys. I don't see why they couldn't get rid of that ridiculous 'BROWNS' word-mark on their pants and tweak them for the 2016 season.

No love for Jets-Dolphins?

Not even a little. I don't like the Dolphins uniforms. The Dolphins uniforms aren't bad enough to make the worst list or good enough to make the best list. They're boring and a significant downgrade from all their prior looks.

My guess is we'll see the Dolphins return to the best list when they break out these beauties against the Giants in December.

New-Miami-Dolphins-Throwback-Uniforms-1-

Even though I love the new shade of aqua these should be their jerseys except with the 90s logo.

The Cards black jerseys have their faults (being a color swap of the awful red jersey and all) but they're definitely the best of their set.

I just love mostly black and white jerseys with just a splash of a bright color (red, baby/electric blue, neon green, yellow, etc)

Is there no worst list this week, simply the overdesigned one?

Telling the truth about the Browns uniforms is like beating a dead horse... He even has to find a new way to say worst game.

If you had actually read the post, you'd know that I wasn't beating up on the Browns again. I didn't think it was the worst looking game. Not even close. From a color standpoint, it actually looked pretty good. The reason I included that game was because it had the potential to look great. The main problem is that there are so many unnecessary additions to both uniforms that can't be ignored. Both the Browns and Chargers uniforms have great color schemes and certain elements that really work. The point was to illustrate what happens when a uniform is over-designed.

For example: with the Browns, I think the orange numbers could work if, instead of the silly "rise shadow", they were simply outlined in white. Or just reverse the colors. Make the numbers white with an orange "rise shadow." Remove the stupid Browns wordmark, extend the pants stripe, and you have a great look. Two simple fixes is all it would take. And as I said in the original post, despite all it's problems, I'm starting to warm to the new Browns uniforms. I doubt I'll ever get to the point of thinking it's a great look, but I don't hate it as much as I did when it debuted.

So no, I wasn't looking for a "new way to say worst game." Believe me, if I think a game looks bad, I have no trouble saying so.

BB52Big.jpg

Browns%204_Fotor.jpg

This is exactly why pants word marks aren't good ideas--because they're upside down half the time. Maybe a nice theory on the drawing board, but it doesn't translate well to the field.

Since it was Breast Cancer Awareness month, why didn't the Chargers and Browns wear pink glove and stuff during their game and every other team did?

Teams will pick one to two games to do this. It's not an across the board deal. That being said, one of the Bengals wore pink socks instead of orange. It looked like he pulled them out of the wrong bin.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Browns%204_Fotor.jpg

Since it was Breast Cancer Awareness month, why didn't the Chargers and Browns wear pink glove and stuff during their game and every other team did?

Jets-vs--Dolphins-in-London.jpg

The dolphins and jets also had the good sense to go pink free

Browns%204_Fotor.jpg

Maybe they got the memo that we had enough of this month long eyesore...

Archived