NHL by Adidas - Ottawa Senators 3/2

timberwolf

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back! After a long break from this series, I've decided to get back on the bus. With the recent Outdoor Games being unveiled, I've gone ahead and done concepts for the All Star Game, three Stadium Series games, and the fabled Winter Classic. Here's the matchups and thought process behind each decision.

All Star Game - I went with the classic East v West, Red v Blue. I'm thinking about adding another colour to each jersey but I'm not sure how. Let me know!

xNmgbpw.png

Stadium Series - I went with chest stripes, because 3 of the four original teams sported a chest stripe sometime around that era, and stripes were commonplace on jerseys back then. It also looks good...

St Louis v Dallas - Both teams have been around long enough and are due for an outdoor game.

K3boFkd.png

Washington v Carolina - Washington has the Weagle take the center stage and Carolina is in red and white.

xdbyTjl.png

Florida v Tampa Bay - There was an outdoor game in Cali, so why not Florida. I feel the white on the Panther's logo makes the uniform pop, especially contrasted to the Bolt's menacing black.

D8NFE5B.png

Winter Classic, Pennsylvania Showdown - I used the Pirates and Quakers inspiration for these games and I thought it turned out pretty well. They're both different enough from past games and use classic colours.

P9l4SjJ.png

They're all great. I love the simplicity of the Stadium Series. The ASG is a bit bland, maybe the extra colour would look better. The Winter Classic is my favourite. They both tie into the team's history very well! Glad you're back!

Thanks for the feedback!

The numbers kind of get lost by being the same colour as the chest stripe, especially FLA, WAS, DAL. I would flip the outline/main number colours.

Also, use St. Louis' roundel as the primary. SS teams all seem to follow a yearly trend, why not make this year roundels & chest stripes!

Florida shouldn't use beige. This is a SS, not a Heritage Classic. Bright red or yellow would work better.

SS teams need the SS shoulder patch on one side, as well as the oversize numbers. Its also a good opportunity to put something funky on the other shoulder, but thats up to you.

Carolina would probably use the chest stripe as an excuse to bring back the warning flag pattern, and Washington would respond with stars.

Winter Classic jerseys are pretty much perfect, I'd just use either a laced or turtleneck collar since these are deep throwbacks. A+

All Star Game jerseys are pretty tame, but I could dig it.

Glad to see this series resuscitated!

qtOnrJr.png

The numbers kind of get lost by being the same colour as the chest stripe, especially FLA, WAS, DAL. I would flip the outline/main number colours.

Also, use St. Louis' roundel as the primary. SS teams all seem to follow a yearly trend, why not make this year roundels & chest stripes!

Florida shouldn't use beige. This is a SS, not a Heritage Classic. Bright red or yellow would work better.

SS teams need the SS shoulder patch on one side, as well as the oversize numbers. Its also a good opportunity to put something funky on the other shoulder, but thats up to you.

Carolina would probably use the chest stripe as an excuse to bring back the warning flag pattern, and Washington would respond with stars.

Winter Classic jerseys are pretty much perfect, I'd just use either a laced or turtleneck collar since these are deep throwbacks. A+

All Star Game jerseys are pretty tame, but I could dig it.

Glad to see this series resuscitated!

Yeah, Florida would look better with a different colour...

Thanks for the comments!

Heritage Classic

Winnipeg has expressed a desire to host an outdoor game and with both teams certainly having a heritage, they've been awarded the Heritage Classic. Ottawa was hard to design considering their alternates. Winnipeg was easy.

cgM2qXp.png

Hey all! Thank you so much for the comments! As promised, here are the next three teams.

Chicago

This isn't a team where you can change a lot, so I didn't. Chicago has a great identity and you don't need to change it.

jlWCvq7.png

Colorado

Ahh, Colorado, the team with the much needed uniform redesign. I went with a jagged like pattern to resemble mountians, while keeping similarities to the classic from the Joe Sakic era. Have at it...

ryblSYd.png

Columbus

Their current jerseys are meh but their alternate is spot-on. The only thing I don't like is the gray addition. It always reminded me of the current Buffalo jerseys. I went with navy, light blue, and cream, with cream as the white. The alternate logo goes to its rightful place on the front.

I5AFZl0.png

Well, there's three more! I'll be doing the next three and some updates this weekend. Stay golden, everybody.

I am officially in love. OMG, I wish that these could hit the ice now. Columbus, I mean. Blackhawks are good, can't change them, and Colorado is really solid. Nice work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I love what you did with the Stadium Series. They are so simple and nice. Sweet job.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

• 2 months later...

I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get back to this thread but voila, here I am. I have a Red Wing update for ya. I think at this point, I'm not going to do teams that no one wants to see, so leave a request and I'll see what I can do. Would love CC...image.thumb.png.78e5dd818ae9d30a54b53a5e

Archived