The Worst Sports Logo Ever

Nyk33

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure this thread will degenerate into logoIdontlike.png pretty soon.

However, if you want a legitimately terrible logo, here you go!

LongIslandSurf.GIF

I actually dig this logo. a lot.

Reminds me of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

c87gtTA.jpg

The Nebraska High School Activities Association logo.

Wow. Where to begin. The Gradient in the circle is hideous, the font is horrible, needlessly beveled, and stretched out to the point where it doesn't fit in the double outlined circle. There's freaking lens flares in this thing for crying out out loud. The state of Nebraska outline is terribly dropshadowed and textured. I hate seeing this stupid thing at High School sporting events.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

This logo used by UW-Eau Claire has to be high up there.

21355052563_6689c23795_o_thumb.jpg

It's not just the football team either.

Look through their flickr page, it's full of variations of the logo too - https://www.flickr.com/photos/uwecblugolds/

I've always thought that logo was pretty bad...not to mention their stupid nickname.

I don't if this is true, but the story I heard was the AD got massively drunk when trying to submit the official nickname and wrote Blugolds instead of Bulldogs.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

It's not just the football team either.

Look through their flickr page, it's full of variations of the logo too - https://www.flickr.com/photos/uwecblugolds/

I've always thought that logo was pretty bad...not to mention their stupid nickname.

I don't if this is true, but the story I heard was the AD got massively drunk when trying to submit the official nickname and wrote Blugolds instead of Bulldogs.

I've never heard that, but I went to UW-Oshkosh in the late '90s. The titan logo they are using now sucks too. When I was there they really didn't even have a logo, just a wordmark.

I think the Mariners should make better use of teal, since they are the only team in baseball now using it. I agree that the Seahawks stand out, but it's because they specifically have colors that no one else in the NFL has. The Mariners using navy more would only take away from teal.

It's a stylized E. It's pretty clean and simple. I don't think this comes anywhere close to being in the running.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's a stylized E. It's pretty clean and simple. I don't think this comes anywhere close to being in the running.

Oh dear. Just saw one huge glaring screwup. There's a thick outline to the logo, thick enough that the outline for the bottom of the E and the top of the E connect. This creates an area of negative space between the outside lines of the E and the inside line. For some strange reason, this helmet colored in this negative space the same as the E, which is not only stupid but makes it look fairly phallic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived