The Worst Sports Logo Ever

Nyk33

Looking at that SD logo embroidered raises a question, shouldn't the bottom of the S be crossed by the stem of the D? My interpretation was always that it intertwined. At one time it did, see below.

img_0654_1.jpg

Now that they added the notch above the crossbar of the S, all of a sudden the letters don't intertwine? Sorry if I'm the last guy to notice this. Back to your discussion.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might actually beat out the Canton Ice Patrol. Wowzer.

Ice_Patrol.gif

Lots of great candidates on this thread. I think the thing that really makes me laugh about this one is that the two pucks have the same yellow streaking. They seem to have shrunk the large puck to make the small one. I find that hilarious. And it must have been done by the coach's child or one of the players.

Even without the matching pucks, this logo is hilariously bad.

Regarding the buffaslug, I don't even think it's in the conversation for "worst". In fact, I don't even think it's all that bad. The logo itself is not the problem so much as matching it with the change to blue/yellow when they should have realized that all the fans wanted something reminiscent of the original logo.

It would be hilarious if the smaller puck that he's biting on had an identical hockey player standing on it, biting into a third puck that was even smaller and had a third man standing on it biting into a fourth and EVEN smaller puck with a Buffaslug logo on it

Looking at that page was actually painful.

The thing with that league is that it's not just the horrible logos - the names are just as bad if not worse.

spacer.png

There are a few logos from RHI that I still love, though, even if they're not perfect:

- I always thought the Buffalo Stampede logo was awesome, though I'd lose the wordmark.

- The Jawz, even with the dumb Z, had a really clever logo.

- Montreal's Roadrunner logo definitely had an interesting style to it.

- Take the bounding triangle and green off of Ottawa's, and that's a solid Loggers jersey.

- San Jose Rhinos probably had the best logo and jerseys in the league.

- My bias will show, but I thought the St. Louis Vipers had the most professional-looking jerseys in the league (even if they were really just Florida Panther recolors) and a solid logo.

Also, while trying to find a decent picture of the Florida Hammerheads' 1993 logo, I came across a small treasure trove of RHI pictures/logos.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ice_Patrol.gif

Lots of great candidates on this thread. I think the thing that really makes me laugh about this one is that the two pucks have the same yellow streaking. They seem to have shrunk the large puck to make the small one. I find that hilarious. And it must have been done by the coach's child or one of the players.

Regarding the buffaslug, I don't even think it's in the conversation for "worst". In fact, I don't even think it's all that bad. The logo itself is not the problem so much as matching it with the change to blue/yellow when they should have realized that all the fans wanted something reminiscent of the original logo.

It would be hilarious if the smaller puck that he's biting on had an identical hockey player standing on it, biting into a third puck that was even smaller and had a third man standing on it biting into a fourth and EVEN smaller puck with a Buffaslug logo on it

You mean like this?

Trust me, there's a Buffaslug in there.

kZu7qx4.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Ice_Patrol.gif

You mean like this?

Trust me, there's a Buffaslug in there.

kZu7qx4.png

wow. thats the most an internet stranger has ever done for me

Other than the "Burger King" logo, I've always felt the Kings have had a pretty good identity in terms of logos. I'd still prefer a return to the purple and gold, as well as a return to the "crown only" logo they had prior to 2012.

bullets63-69.gif

6396.gif

106.png

6993.gif

And the thread has now devolved into "logos I don't particularly like." Was bound to happen.

- Montreal's Roadrunner logo definitely had an interesting style to it.

I found a Montreal Roadrunners sweater for sale when I was in Montreal a few years back visiting family. I've been kicking myself for passing it up ever since.

Mostly everything from Roller Hockey International.

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/28/Roller_Hockey_International/RHI/logos/

Specifically the Toronto Planets.

1472.gif

There's alot of exaggerations in this thread but LOOK AT THIS. This was a thing. Nothing is worse than this. This makes the Los Angeles Clippers new logo look like Breaking Bad. Don't even continue this thread man, just lock it, there's no point once you see this.

Ah, RHI. The 90s at its best.

Maybe not the ugliest but certainly the most dull and boring

pMLB2-11755613dt.jpg

I mean' If that logo was a meal it would be a bowl of plain rice. With a side of plain freezer burned vanilla Ice-cream topped off with a glass of room tempertaure tap water.

If that logo was a person, that individual would like to spend his days watching paint dry on walls, grass grow in his back yard and his idea of fun would be sitting perfectly still and not talking.

Seriously if that logo was reincarnated as a human, he would make Ned Flanders seem like a wild and crazy fun loving guy.

It's the perfect logo in a city that doesn't care at all about sports aesthetics.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

106.png

What's wrong with this one? Beats the current logo by a country mile...

What's happening with the sticks there? Armoured from the midpoint down??

I admired that rebranding because it wasn't cartoony, alas it was so busy. I liked they evolved directly from it to the crown logo inside (+ its alt).

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Here's one that hasn't been brought up yet... the 1949-50 Baltimore Bullets...

Bullets_5177370.gif

It's basically two basketballs from a B&W picture being ripped apart by several weird objects, also giving some of us the idea it's a butt letting out a fart.

No OKC Thunder yet?

4 pages and no mention of the Islanders Fisherman??

Doesn't belong on here, it's great :P.

What's happening with the sticks there? Armoured from the midpoint down??

They're hockey sticks done in the style of medieval weaponry. Ties the sport in with the regal namesake in a clever way.

I know a lot people may think I am being ridiculous in thinking that I can find the single worst sports logo to ever grace the planet but folks I have found it.

GombakUnitedFC.png

I dare anyone to argue against this thing from Singapore not being the worst logo ever.

It kind of makes me giggle. That thing is probably good friends with Barney the Dinosaur.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived