LOGOLYMPIAD 2015

pollux

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I submit a logo a team uses and was based off my work?

Sometimes you will be asked to create your own logo, other times you will be required to use only the current logos. It really just depends on the event. Just sit tight till the first one starts.

I was just joking. Also is there a raster catagory?

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

I was the only person to complete all 10 events last year. This year I have a 2 week old baby on my hands, so I'll be lucky to finish one. Best of luck to everyone though!

Congrats on fatherhood!

I'm pumped for this competition! I missed it last year so this year should be a great experience for me...

No. You should submit original artwork unless specifically mentioned in the event's criteria. There is no way for me to check if the team uses a logo based off your work.

Sometimes you will be asked to create your own logo, other times you will be required to use only the current logos. It really just depends on the event. Just sit tight till the first one starts.

No. Every entry competes against all others for each event, regardless of the media you used to submit your entry.

Can I hand draw these

Yes, as long as your final submission respects the size and blank space needed for me to add the watermark and entry information.

Can I hand draw these

I would say yes. Should I make my own awards with 3 Category's? Raster Vector and Hand drawn?

Please, let me answer the questions in the thread. It is clear, by your questions, that you don't know what the Logolympiad is.

And I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention your own awards. It's not an awards show. It's a contest. I strongly encourage you to use the search feature up top and type in Logolympiad. You'll get a feel of the events and the competition in general.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

No. You should submit original artwork unless specifically mentioned in the event's criteria. There is no way for me to check if the team uses a logo based off your work.

No. Every entry competes against all others for each event, regardless of the media you used to submit your entry.

Can I hand draw these

Yes, as long as your final submission respects the size and blank space needed for me to add the watermark and entry information.

Can I hand draw these

I would say yes. Should I make my own awards with 3 Category's? Raster Vector and Hand drawn?

Please, let me answer the questions in the thread. It is clear, by your questions, that you don't know what the Logolympiad is.

And I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention your own awards. It's not an awards show. It's a contest. I strongly encourage you to use the search feature up top and type in Logolympiad. You'll get a feel of the events and the competition in general.

Ok I just like to bring my opinons. #LogoOlympiad

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

Can I hand draw these

Can I hand draw these

How will I know it has 70 pixels and 800 x 600 if it is by phone

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

How will I know it has 70 pixels and 800 x 600 if it is by phone

Do you mean taking a snapshot and sending it, or drawing/designing your sumbission on an app?

I honestly don't know, because it would depend on the type of phone and other variables that I can't control. If you want to submit via a phone, I suggest looking up on Google how you could control the size of your submission.

Remember, it has to be 800px by 600px with 70px of white space, but you could sumit something smaller, like 650px by 500px for example. I don't want to resize to smaller sizes, but I don't have an issue with placing a smaller image on the presentation template.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I think this was asked last year, but can we PM designers for C&C as long as we don't disclose anything to the public?

****I can't sleep because I want to wait until you post the first event!!!!!***

tinysig.jpg

I think this was asked last year, but can we PM designers for C&C as long as we don't disclose anything to the public?

****I can't sleep because I want to wait until you post the first event!!!!!***

Yes, you can PM others to get feedback, but you risk disqualification if they inherently mention which entry you have done for a particular event before voting for that event is over.

And get some rest... I won't post until tomorrow morning Eastern Time!

Can I hand draw these

Can I hand draw these

Did you just....... hashtag?

Did you just....... hashtag?

Complete, even with the wrong name!

#nottwoOs #OnlyLogolympiad #notLogoOlympiad #amIusinghashtagscorrectly

#Ihavenocluehowtousetheseorwhatthey'refor

well got my first entry in...

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

Please don't mention that you sent an entry in... While you're not identifying your entry directly, people will know that you have submitted one, compromising the anonymous aspect of the competition.

Archived