How would the Cubs have looked in the 2015 of "Back To The Future Part II?"

coco1997

As I'm sure you all know, 2015 is the year the Chicago Cubs are supposed to *finally* break the Curse of the Billy Goat and win the World Series, as prophesized by 1989's "Back to the Future Part II."

It's amusing to look back at that film and note all the predictions the film got right, as well as where it was hilariously off-base. However, with the Cubs defying most expectations and making it into the playoffs this year, there is, at least at the moment, a possibility the film's bold Cubs prediction may eerily come true.

One of the funniest things about BTTF's fictional 2015 is the fashion. It's safe to say we should all be thankful the average person does not dress like this. But what might baseball fashion had look like in 1989's version of 2015, specifically the Cubs' uniforms?

For one, it appears in the fictional 2015, the Cubs are still using their current logo.

I imagine the Cubs would have digital numbers on the back of their uniforms, because of course.

The unis would probably pullovers, as was the style at the time the film was released.

Then there's the issue of an American League team in Miami with a gator mascot, but that's a whole other topic.

The uniforms would have been sleek one-piece things that you step in to and they just conform to your body and fasten like the jackets and sneakers of the era did.

I'm thinking the onesie would have pinstripes, but possibly be a chrome base, and a big Cubs logo right in the middle, like a superhero.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Relief pitchers would ride hoverboards to the mound... or hover buggies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

there would be new rules against running into the catcher because the world would then be filled with wussies

Hahahaha! Well said.

Any thoughts on caps or socks?

From the 1920s to the 1980s, stirrups gradually got longer and longer. And uniforms got tighter and tighter. They have since gone back to baggier unis and shorter stirrups, but They probably would have predicted 2015 players to have stirrups stretch up to mid thigh. That wouldve been funny to see

The caps would just be the brim and sweat band, and the logo/cap color would be projected up and simulated onto the players head as a hologram.. The players basic info would be projected above his head (kinda like the player you're controlling on a video game)

I think even as far as Back to the Future goes, this idea is a little farfetched. We see in the film that in the fictional 2015 people still wear normal baseball caps, albeit with that weird reflective material that Marty McFly's has.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived