New York/ Brooklyn Islanders Alternate

YelichGraphics

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Isles fan, I have a ton of concerns.

1: THE BLUE IS CLASSIC. NO NEED TO CHANGE IT.

2: THE LOGO IS CLASSIC. NO NEED TO CHANGE IT.

3: What's the reason with not having a NOB?

4: What even is in the logo instead of Long Island? Is that NY? What's up with that?

As an Isles fan, I have a ton of concerns.

1: THE BLUE IS CLASSIC. NO NEED TO CHANGE IT.

2: THE LOGO IS CLASSIC. NO NEED TO CHANGE IT.

Isn't the point of a concept to try new things? You don't have to stick to a logo or color just because it's classic, then all concepts would be similar and boring.

With that being said, this concept isn't great. The logo on the front is way too big, and I think it could seriously benefit from some lightening up and putting a name on the back.

MARKHAM UNITED.png

Isn't the point of a concept to try new things? You don't have to stick to a logo or color just because it's classic, then all concepts would be similar and boring.

True, but I don't think neon blue and the NY skyline belong in an Islanders concept. The Isles have always been Long Island's team, rather than New York's, and neon blue just doesn't really belong anywhere in professional sports, in my opinion.

My big question is why? This is a weird set, and the Islanders quite frankly don't need it.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

After all, they are still the Islanders, so I'd say keep the Island logo.

but they r in brooklyn now, brooklyn is not in long island, it is still and island but its not long island. Also tried to explain this many times its an alternate logo just an alternate

Forgetting all this about how little sense the logo makes, from a design standpoint it is too dark. The details of the logo get lost in each other. Also, clean it up a little. The poor quality of it now makes it resemble something from an 8 bit video game.

Hoot Hoot

Others have posted questions about the validity of the logo, and I while I think they are valid questions, what really bothers me is that the tall building (is that the Empire State Building?) isn't nestled into the gap between the N and the Y. I'm not saying that this will save the logo, but I think it would at least improve it.

As other have said, your gray and black are way too close together; they make the logo completely indistinguishable.

award%20sig.png

The grey is just such an unnecessary touch. It makes it look like them fashion jerseys. Also, I agree with others on the logo, you really got to keep it the same. The details in the logo just get lost and the colors don't help. It just seems like this jersey could have been done for any team. It doesn't really have any element to tie it to the Isles.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Yes?

No?

Mabye?

3bwNVBM.png

38u4aqV.png

this is better, but there are still issues. From a distance I find the blocking of the NY to be criminal. That is the most iconic part of the crest. I respect what you're trying to do here but it needs to be done a little more subtly, and without compromising the NY. If you are going to include the skyline, it needs to fit into the NY seamlessly. As others have mentioned the grey and black are too similar. Pick one and either use only 2 colours or use the black sky blue and orange. perhaps you could take the tall building and tuck it into the spot between the N and the Y to form the border. It seems weird having the building there if it isn't going to form it. Good luck man, haters gon hate, I think there is solid potential here but you're gonna have to get creative to make it work. Interested to see what you end up with :)

Archived