New York/ Brooklyn Islanders Alternate

YelichGraphics

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's forget "execution" for a minute (included the member's inability to spell in >75% of his posts - sure you can call me a hater, but as a designer, attention to details, including in communication, is a key skill) and focus on the concept.

There has been some really good attempts to "Brooklynize" the Islanders logo in the past, this is not one of them.

By nature, I like new concepts, designers who think outside the box, but I still don't understand why so many designers are trying to take the island's map out of the logo, my understanding is that technically, while I'm sure your average Brooklynites don't consider themselves "Islanders", the map is pretty clear to me.

My whole take on a new Islanders look, is that while any new concept will be better than the God awful new alternate, the move to Brooklyn is a lot for your loyal Islanders' fan, so any concept should avoid going too far away from their iconic look.

OK, let's try to be a little constructive now. I'm not against the Brooklyn skyline, but make sure that the landmarks you use are recognizable by the average fan. Try redrawing the skyline and work on positioning it somewhere else. Maybe it would work better if you weren't constraint by the Circle logo, if you just used the alternate "NY".

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Huh. I really really like the logo, although only used as an alternate. I think the thing that the logo needs is plenty of contrast. I think the original version you made was good, but everything blended together too much. In their current logo, three colors are featured that contrast extremely well with each other. I'd like to see a sizable version of your logo with well-contrasting colors. And without the weird overlapping faded effect of the last one you used.

Also, did you just say Brooklyn isn't part of Long Island? Are you smoking something? XD Just because the original logo cut out the outer boroughs doesn't mean they aren't on the Island.

New_york_long_island.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah he not going to listen about cleaning up the edges. I think he just gets the logo and just uses the paint bucket.

True.

not true i fixed most of the edges from the last update. Before you act like a jerk please look at the concept and if there are still mistakes help me out, point them out

im only trying to improve here

Huh. I really really like the logo, although only used as an alternate. I think the thing that the logo needs is plenty of contrast. I think the original version you made was good, but everything blended together too much. In their current logo, three colors are featured that contrast extremely well with each other. I'd like to see a sizable version of your logo with well-contrasting colors. And without the weird overlapping faded effect of the last one you used.

Also, did you just say Brooklyn isn't part of Long Island? Are you smoking something? XD Just because the original logo cut out the outer boroughs doesn't mean they aren't on the Island.

New_york_long_island.jpg

yeah i know i caught that too, feeling like an idiot right now

New_york_long_island.jpg

lets see the circle, hockey stick and the lettering still need edges fix. im telling this because it what makes it better. sorry that im better graphic desginer then u and I know what im doing, just trying help you out

New_york_long_island.jpg

lets see the circle, hockey stick and the lettering still need edges fix. im telling this because it what makes it better. sorry that im better graphic desginer then u and I know what im doing, just trying help you out

Just shut up. Shut up. Shut. Up. I haven't seen such an arrogant comment on this forum.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I was trying tO help at first then he got In with me. I was telling him about edges so he could fix be better. He wouldn't listen and then he snapped at me.

well how clean the edges can get also depends on the program used. if he's using paint then I'm not sure the edges can get much cleaner.

as far as the concept goes it needs a lot of work. having the bridge as a fade over the top of the logo just looks weird. id advise making a new logo. it can still have the NY with the stick, but maybe not contained in a circle. just make a more creative logo instead of limiting yourself to half current logo and half whatever the bridge idea thing is. also, i much prefer the first striping style you had

As an Isles fan, I have a ton of concerns.

1: THE BLUE IS CLASSIC. NO NEED TO CHANGE IT.

2: THE LOGO IS CLASSIC. NO NEED TO CHANGE IT.

3: What's the reason with not having a NOB?

4: What even is in the logo instead of Long Island? Is that NY? What's up with that?

Actually the logo is in desperate need of at least an update. The part of Long Island they actually play on needs to be added.

I like the latest update a lot, actually. Like Morgo said:

This is certainly the best version yet. What's bothering me is the transparency where the bridge and the 'NY' monogram meet. Make the bridge details solid black or the monogram solid white.

Archived