LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 1 - Alternate Logo

pollux

Logolympiad2015.png

AlternateLogo2015_Event.png

For the first LOGOLYMPIAD event this year, you must create an alternate logo for an active team from the National Basketball Association. The logo should be strong enough so that it could replace the current primary logo for the team.
  • Use colors that are already part of the teams current color scheme. You can check colors on the Colorwerx website or on the TeamColors website. Do NOT add any more colors.
  • Include the current primary logo in your submission as a reference. The primary logo should not take more than 150px by 150px on the template, as it is not the focus of the work here.
Additional information from the questions in the thread
  • Use only current colors for the existing teams. So open up TeamColors (since Colorwerx doesn't seem to be working) and check your team's colors. If it's not there, your entry will be disqualified. It doesn't matter if the team has just unveiled a new shiny logo. If the colors aren't on the site, don't use them. That will be how I either accept or disqualify an entry.
  • You can use parts of the existing logos, but it must not be the whole alternate logo. You must add your own flair to it. Obviously, completely new logos will likely score better during the vote, but I will not disqualify anyone if you use parts of existing logos.
DEADLINE: October 19th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Reminder

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

shoud the logo itself have words on it? Even just initials?

tinysig.jpg

I think this is meant as "any additional text" besides logo

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

I'm a little confused on the phrasing of this challenge. The title being "Alternate logo" makes me think of a logo that may appear on a third jersey, something that is a part of the existing brand but is different from what we normally see. But then when you say "The logo should be strong enough so that it could replace the current primary logo for the team." it sounds as if you're saying create a logo that is just "alternate" to what they already have. Just looking for clarification because I feel like this will change my approach.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Can we add highlights to our logo that are not necessarily one of team colors? Something simple that works with team color scheme, nothing drastic :) Thanks

Do NOT add highlights as it would count as a new color. I'll check the colors on the linked sites above. If a color on your submission isn't listed, it'll be disqualified.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

The logo can have words on it. The reminder above is to ensure that your template doesn't have any labels (for example, identifying the current primary logo and your alternate logo). It should be a white background, with only two logos on it.

Can it be an update or similar to a previous alternate

It should be a new logo. The idea is to think outside the box for already established teams.

I'm a little confused on the phrasing of this challenge. The title being "Alternate logo" makes me think of a logo that may appear on a third jersey, something that is a part of the existing brand but is different from what we normally see. But then when you say "The logo should be strong enough so that it could replace the current primary logo for the team." it sounds as if you're saying create a logo that is just "alternate" to what they already have. Just looking for clarification because I feel like this will change my approach.

The alternate logo may appear on a third jersey, but I'd like to see something that could potentially replace the current primary logo.

Ultimately , members will decide which logo they like best. I won't disqualify anyone if they submit a logo within the described guidelines.

Can we use something from a previous concept however tweak it a little?

Yes, you could, but it might be possible to identify your work if it has been shown here already.

It should be a new logo. The idea is to think outside the box for already established teams.

So it should be based on our own perception of their identity and not what they currently have, correct?

So it should be based on our own perception of their identity and not what they currently have, correct?

Correct.

Correct.

What about using colors they've used in the past or colors used in alternates and throwbacks? Are those allowed?

Correct.

What about using colors they've used in the past or colors used in alternates and throwbacks? Are those allowed?

"Use colors that are already part of the teams current color scheme."

;)

Being a new logo, what does that mean for the use of basketballs and roundels? If a team has a logo / past / present / alternate that features a basketball, does that mean the basketball must look different, or no basketball at all? Same question with roundels. The way that I am understanding this is that we are more or less making a completely new logo based on the teams name and current colors, without using anything that the team has ever used in the past.

Archived