Bleacher Report NFL x NBA uniform mash-up project

gladsadmad

Many years ago, I posted a mash-up series that was well received, but I never finished. You can see that here..http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/79506-what-if-nfl-mash-up-series/page-1

I'd like to think that I've improved since then and I was lucky enough to work with Bleacher Report and finally see this concept to it's potential. I hope you enjoy the results.

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/nfl-x-nba-jersey-mashups/

there are 22 in all..here a few examples

image-99-large-2048.jpgimage-116-small-2048.jpgimage-100-small-2048.jpg

I'm going to be straight-up honest with you.

That Celtics set with Gronk? One of the best sports uni concepts, of any sport, that I've ever seen.

That Cavs set with Manziel? Not the same enthusiasm.

The renderings are all brilliant, the style is good... I like how you tried to marry the styles of the two teams together.

I'm just wondering if there's a shot we see similar cross-overs for other sports. I'd love the heck out of a crossover series with some NHL teams involved. (Imagine a Raptors/Leafs mix...)

Cleveland looked like you tried to fit every logo in rather than letting the basketball jersey be transferred over to the football uniforms. If you had done these similar to the old Buccaneers uniforms and keep the sword to the pants it would look much better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Every single one of these is really good, I just don't like the cabs one. It's way too busy. It looks kind of like those concepts that people make with the huge Nike signs qXNwqCZ.jpg

Fix the clutter of that cabs uniform and this is probably one of the better NBA-NFL mashups I've seen.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These are incredible... I just wanna echo what everyone else said about the Cavs uniform and that's my only complaint. The Cavs helmet is fine, but the uniform is just too cluttered. That being said, if a team were to realistically have overdone uniforms, I think the Cavs would be it. I am in love with the Bulls, Suns, Celtics, and the Mavericks.

That Timberwolves one is darn near perfect (the helmet stripe could go, but the rest is sharp). It's definitely my favorite of the bunch, followed by Boston. There's some good ideas here that could really translate well. Others I think might be a little over the top (live Cleveland). But all in all, I can tell you put really good thought into this project and the overall product shows. Good job!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Everyone is criticizing the Cleveland one, but I actually thought it was one of the best. Don't get me wrong, it's busy and a metallic chrome gold helmet like that would be awful, but the current browns uniforms are awful, so my guess is that it was intentional.

I loved most of these: Phoenix, Chicago, and Carolina especially stood out to me. I was kind of disappointed in my hometown Pacercolts, but it's entirely because I cannot stand the Pacers yellow unis, and if that's the one you chose to go with as a starting point, I cannot fault you for that.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

My only problem is that most of these look like they are from the late 90's and early 2000s, mainly because of the side panels and shoulder yokes.

Despite that, these are all pretty well executed minus Cleveland. Boston's helmet Is pure perfection.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Insert standard: Disappointed in Green Mavericks decision here.

I dunno this feels less NBA x NFL and more what if NBA teams had NFL uniforms. The subtle distinction is that I don't feel any of the designs incorporated any of the NFL teams designs, just the players.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Insert standard: Disappointed in Green Mavericks decision here.

I dunno this feels less NBA x NFL and more what if NBA teams had NFL uniforms. The subtle distinction is that I don't feel any of the designs incorporated any of the NFL teams designs, just the players.

Actually, that's the first time I've heard that complaint. I'm glad you liked it nonetheless.

I'm open to ideas to improve/change the concept. Do you have more specific ideas how to incorporate the NFL more in to the designs?

Actually, that's the first time I've heard that complaint. I'm glad you liked it nonetheless.

I'm open to ideas to improve/change the concept. Do you have more specific ideas how to incorporate the NFL more in to the designs?

I agree with splashboogie (couldn't type that with a straight face). Look at the houston rockets/jj wtt one. Thre are no texans elements in there except for jj watt. The numbers are Rockets, the colors, the uni design, everything screams rockets. It isn't bad, however. It's just not a NBAxNFL. Its a "If NBA teams were NFL teams (and stole players from their nfl counterparts)

tinysig.jpg

Archived