LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 5 - Fantasy Team

pollux

Logolympiad2015.png

FantasyTeam2015_Event.png

A new soccer league is born out of the Nordic countries! One owner has reached out to you to create a complete kit for the team. For this event, you must provide a primary crest along with two kits: a main kit and a clash kit.
  • The city you choose must be located in one of the following countries: Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, or the Faroe Islands.
  • You can select the name of the city and the name of the football club. The city and the name of the football club must both appear on the soccer crest.
  • You can also use a city's nickname if you like. If you do so, you have to include the city's real name in the email. I will add the city name to all entries myself.
  • A kit consists of a jersey, shorts and socks.
  • Use a template showing the jersey as if it was laying flat on a surface. Do NOT submit your entry on a 3D template, as it will be disqualified.
  • Do NOT include windows to show zoomed detail of the kit.
  • The selected uniform template must display both the front and the back of the jersey.
DEADLINE: November 2nd, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Reminder - Read this carefully as I won't give out warnings this time!

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

One question about the area. I used to live in Lithuania, which is right beside Latvia and Estonia. It was considered that we were part of the Scandanavias as well as the Baltics. Or is it just Norway, Finland, and Sweden, the common countries?

One question about the area. I used to live in Lithuania, which is right beside Latvia and Estonia. It was considered that we were part of the Scandanavias as well as the Baltics. Or is it just Norway, Finland, and Sweden, the common countries?

Thanks for asking the question. Apparently there are more than one definition for Scandinavia.

I have changed it to "Nordic countries", which is what I meant initially. This means that the city should be within one of the following countries: Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Denmark.

I modified the original post to reflect this.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Thanks for asking the question. Apparently there are more than one definition for Scandinavia.

I have changed it to "Nordic countries", which is what I meant initially. This means that the city should be within one of the following countries: Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Denmark.

No problem, thanks for clearing it up...

Front and back of jersey or just front?

The selected uniform template must display both the front and the back of the jersey.

Just as Whittier S pointed out. :)

When you say: "You can select the name of the city and the name of the football club"

Does that mean the team needs to have a nickname as well? For example (I'll use a non Nordic city so as to not spoil any plans) if I did a Toronto FC, would that be sufficient or would it need to be something like Toronto FC Bulldogs?

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

When you say: "You can select the name of the city and the name of the football club"

Does that mean the team needs to have a nickname as well? For example (I'll use a non Nordic city so as to not spoil any plans) if I did a Toronto FC, would that be sufficient or would it need to be something like Toronto FC Bulldogs?

Toronto FC would be sufficient.

Not to sound stupid, but better to ask for everyone than have someone get disqualified;

If the crest only said Toronto FC on it, that works because it features the city name (Toronto) and the team name (Toronto FC), correct? But what if I chose to name them Hogtown FC? Hogtown is just a Toronto nickname, therefore the city name is not stated in the crest, so it would need to be added?

Not to sound stupid, but better to ask for everyone than have someone get disqualified;

If the crest only said Toronto FC on it, that works because it features the city name (Toronto) and the team name (Toronto FC), correct? But what if I chose to name them Hogtown FC? Hogtown is just a Toronto nickname, therefore the city name is not stated in the crest, so it would need to be added?

I did not think about this issue at all.

In order to have a fair competition for everyone, you can use a city nickname, but include the city's real name in the email you are sending me. I will add the city name on each submission myself.

Should the name I choose be in the local language, or English?

Either language will be fine, especially since I will add the city name on the template.

Do you want the primary crest displayed separately from the kits, like in Event 2? Or is the only place it has to show up on the kits themselves?

Also, how should we differentiate between which kit is the primary and which is the clash?

Can we pick a small town or has it to be a big city?

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Do you want the primary crest displayed separately from the kits, like in Event 2? Or is the only place it has to show up on the kits themselves?

Also, how should we differentiate between which kit is the primary and which is the clash?

You can have the primary crest by itself, or only on the kits. It's up to you whether you want to show the crest's detail or not.

For the kits, you can differentiate them by having the primary a bit bigger than the clash on your template, for example. Again, I leave it up to you. I will not disqualify anyone if there is no way to differentiate which is which.

Can we pick a small town or has it to be a big city?

Any town is good, big or small. Just make sure it exists and can be found on wikipedia or google maps, for example.

You're forgetting the Faroe Islands. Will cities from there also work?

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

May we include different windows that enhance details of our uniform such as collar inserts?

No. Do NOT include different windows. The presentation template would be too cluttered if I allowed them.

You're forgetting the Faroe Islands. Will cities from there also work?

My mistake. The Faroe Islands should be included. I modified the original post to add the Faroe Islands.

Archived