Minnesota Muskies Logo: Wolves D-League Team

hettinger_rl

Minnesota is one of a number of NBA teams without direct D-League affiliation. If they choose to start a team for DA I think they should adopt the ABA Muskies name. Not sure where they'd play, but they could just be the Minnesota Muskies again. I created a version for four different but similar color schemes. The classic wolves (Royal, Green, Silver), The current (Black, Green, Blue, Silver), the combo (Blue, Green, Silver) and the classic muskies (Royal, Gold, Green). Let me know what you think.

2cqeas7.jpg5zldt4.jpg

59v875.jpg25iap3n.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Dig it. I like the one with black most just because of the palette contrast.

Yeah I like the contrast of that one, but I'd like to see the Wolves franchise move away from black and back to the blue and green. Although, adding more green back in would help too. The bottom left (combo scheme) is starting to stand out to me.

I would suggest getting rid of all the gaps between the letters and just filling in the area between each letter solid blue. As it is now, it's not clear what is going on with the fish behind those letters and solid blue fill would make it cleaner. You could also bring the tail fins down lower so they are clearly visible beneath the word mark. Other than that, there's a lot to like about this and I like the way you stylized the blue lines on the fins.

The Minneapolis Armory (one-time-home of the Minneapolis Lakers) is gonna be renovated soon...perhaps the Wolves would look at a D-League team as a tenant of that spot.

Either way, THIS IS AWESOME!

bYhYmxh.png

I would suggest getting rid of all the gaps between the letters and just filling in the area between each letter solid blue. As it is now, it's not clear what is going on with the fish behind those letters and solid blue fill would make it cleaner. You could also bring the tail fins down lower so they are clearly visible beneath the word mark. Other than that, there's a lot to like about this and I like the way you stylized the blue lines on the fins.

214qy3o.jpg

The combo is my favorite(a.k.a bottom left) I like the contrast, and the scheme is my fav.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Solid logo, but the NBA (and D League) are pretty partial to basketball-specific branding (even more than most other major sports leagues).

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Solid logo, but the NBA (and D League) are pretty partial to basketball-specific branding (even more than most other major sports leagues).

True. Unless your the Canton Charge, Austin Spurs, Reno Bighorns, Santa Cruz Warriors, or Texas Legends. :)

Like I said...partial to, so not every team, but a statistically higher percentage than many MiLB leagues (depends on if we count a ball cap as constituting baseball-specific) and all the football & hockey Independant/Dev leagues.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived