Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

So:

Throwbacks/normal alts:

Cowboys: Early 90s throwbacks.

Rams: Gold 50s?/90s throwbacks.

Titans: regular Columbia Alts, going mono Columbia.

Panthers: Regular blue alts. (but adding matching pants for a mono look?)

New jerseys:

Bills: Red color swap (accompanied by red pants for mono?) Hopefully they wear white pants.

Bucs: Current red jerseys, sans shoulder yoke and black replacing orange (new red pants for mono look?)

Jags: Gold color swap of current jersey. (gold pants too?) (Are the teal alts gone? We haven't seen em since 2013.)

Jets: Kelly Green Colts jerseys basically. Probably going mono.

Thoughts:

-I like the Rams and Cowboys throwbacks.

-Jags has potential, but there's still the awful helmet.

-Bucs and Jets jerseys are barely different and incredibly pointless.

-Don't know what to think of the Bills. Jersey may look good in a vacuum, but they've never worn red before and please don't go mono-red. May be pointless cause I think they could've got away with blue vs green.

-Panthers and Titans wearing normal alts that I already like.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, so nervous about the Jaguars. They are gonna look horrible.

Calm down they cannot look any worse! ^_^

They most certainly can.

When I first looked at the Rams, I thought it was just the sides from their "Greatest Show on Turf" unis. But a closer look reveals that it probably will be a gold jersey.

Color on color? Yes, please!

Messing up the uniforms to create monochrome? No, thanks.

Are you kidding? That would be far too sane for a Nike-branded league to do.

spacer.png

The desire to see colour-on-colour games is utterly baffling. It looks terrible in the NFL and in the NBA.

Having both teams in coloured uniforms also looks terrible in the Premier League, where it is traditional; there we see it very often, alongside several other uniform-related flaws (shirt ads; a league-wide number font) that screw up the look of my favourite league.

I can only hope that this nonsense remains confined to rare dates in the NFL.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

So:

Throwbacks/normal alts:

Rams: Gold 50s?/90s throwbacks.

I don't think that's the case. These photos seem to indicate that they're a color-swap of the old jerseys, with a gold body and blue horns.

Rams - 90's throwbacks with yellow as jersey color and blue for stripes

CSh-ZhLXAAAcsn_.pngnq8fxek.png

They've never worn a gold jersey with shoulder horns - their gold throwbacks had Northwestern stripes on the sleeves, as did the 1950s jerseys they were throwing back to.

16-rams-yellow-jerseys.jpg

So this is an all-new jersey.

The desire to see colour-on-colour games is utterly baffling. It looks terrible in the NFL and in the NBA.

Having both teams in coloured uniforms also looks terrible in the Premier League, where it is traditional; there we see it very often, alongside several other uniform-related flaws (shirt ads; a league-wide number font) that screw up the look of my favourite league.

I can only hope that this nonsense remains confined to rare dates in the NFL.

Nothing to worry about. The only time the NFL can have colour-on-colour games is in its handful of London and Toronto contests. Otherwise it's only color-on-color. In the NBA, colour-on-colour is confined entirely to Raptors home games.

I've long wanted to see the Bills in red at least once. It bothers me that they've always had red in their color scheme but have never worn a red jersey. I don't know if it'll look good, though. My gut feeling is that the jersey itself will look good, but it'll be paired with red pants to create a "blood-clot" uniform combo like the hated one occasionally worn by the Cardinals.

Well, the Cowboys in all-white topped with a silver dome should look bad, but at least the blues and silvers might match.

Didn't exactly work out so well in 1994, especially since it was a throwback made completely inaccurate by the helmet.

1994-Monday-Night.jpg

Forgot the Cowboys wore white pants with those. Thanks!

Looks about as bad as I thought. A white helmet would be much better, but I generally prefer when the pants and helmets match.

Color on color games are something that is sorely missed in the NFL and college football. I think this would be great to see. Unfortunately, the Browns DO have a Thursday night game coming up... so brace yourself... the carrot uniform is coming.

Color-on-color is as sorely missed from the NFL and college as guys wearing baggy sweatshirts under their jerseys, glasses under their helmets, and pads three sizes too big for them. And just like all those things, it's horribly unprofessional and beneath the leagues. Yes, it's even beneath the NCAA.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Item-by-item:

Bills---As I mentioned, I'm curious about this. Not necessarily pro- or anti-this uniform, but I do want to see one game with the Bills in red, so I guess I'll get that wish.

Jets---Kelly green (albeit a dark kelly green from the pics) will look good on the Jets. Wish they'd bring it back full-time or at least lighten their current forest green somewhat. I also agree with one of the other posters that it would be even cooler if they were wearing '90s throwbacks (of course, the STUPID one-helmet rule prevents this).

Titans---I actually like them better in light blue than in navy. Don't even mind the monochrome look. The more Oilers-y they look, the better, imo.

Panthers---I've wanted to see what blue pants would look like on them for some time. I'd rather see them paired with either a black jersey or a white one, but I do like their blue jersey too, so I'll take it, I guess. I just would prefer a non-monochrome look.

Rams---Yellow? YES! Returning the shoulder horn? YES! Combining a yellow jersey with the shoulder horn for the first time in team history? YES YES YES YES!!!!! Monochrome yellow? No...they should have white pants. :(

Jaguars---It'll probably look awful, especially if it's monochrome---but the thought of the Jags using gold as something other than an accent/terrible gradient color does pique my curiosity somewhat.

Buccaneers---I don't really see the point of this. Hopefully it looks better than the eyesores that are their current red jerseys, but I'd prefer an orange alt.

Cowboys---Like the giant shoulder stars. It does seem kind of pointless, though, that they're wearing white for a "color-on-color" game. I know the 'Boys generally prefer to wear white, but still...this design could easily be inverted.

As far as the Jets new "kelly green" alts, I own a lot of Jets jerseys from the late 90's early 2000's and that shade of green is almost exact to the kelly they are portraying... I feel as though it is just a lighter green but it does not seem kelly to me.

i'll reserve all judgement until we see things on the field, i'm just excited to see color on color games.

im not too excited about the thought of each team "dressed head to toe" in a single team color, meaning ultra-momochrome (helmet decal tweaks, matching jersey and pants, socks, sweat bands, cleats, mouth pieces, towels). i fear the NFL has taken a great concept and pushed it over the edge. color on color games are great, but not if its going to be an explosion of alternate colors.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived