LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 4 VOTING

pollux

I received a total of 16 entries for event 4, and had to disqualify one entry for not sending it on the correct template size. The further along we go in the competition, the better you all get. All entries are really great!

The requirements for this event were:

For this event, you have to come up with a new logo for one of the Monuments.

• You can use either the local name (Milano-Sanremo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège, or Giro di Lombardia) OR one of the nicknames of the classic to identify it. It must be included within the logo.
  • You can pick any color you want.
  • Since the Monuments are well known, it is not necessary to include anything directly related to cycling, but you can include elements that are synonymous with the particularities of each classic.
List your 3 favorites, ranked 1, 2, 3.

The vote closes on Monday, November 2nd, 11:59AM Eastern Time (three days from now).

Voting is now over.

Entries - Full album here

Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3

Entry 4

Entry 5

Entry 6

Entry 7

Entry 8

Entry 9

Entry 10

Entry 11

Entry 12

Entry 13

Entry 14

Entry 15

Disqualified Entries

Balu the Bare's entry was sent on a 745 x 1053 template.

Reminder

The voting will be open to public voting once the event is officially over. Once the finalists have been posted in the event thread, voting will be open for 3 days.

Judging is open to all board members registered BEFORE October 1st. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login.

Members may vote once per event and may not vote for their own entry (I'll know if you did, and will not count your vote). You may not disclose the identity of any of the designers of the entries until voting closes.

Voting will be via the 3-2-1 points method. Voters will be asked to post their choice for a gold, silver and bronze winner. Gold votes are worth 3 points, Silver worth 2, Bronze worth 1.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wtf, guys, how am I supposed to vote on this? I've got 8 entries that could all be in my top 3--that's more than half!

In the end, I guess I have to go with the designs that make the most clear visual sense to me AND have the best production values. But this is still the toughest competition to vote on yet.

Here it goes, my top 3:

1. Entry 15 (the color scheme makes this stand out, but I'm most impressed with how well it synthesizes all of its elements*)
  2. Entry 11 (this was sooo hard to decide on, but I just kept coming back to this design and how clear and bold each element is, even if they're not super original)
  3. Entry 3 (I just had to reward this fun design, which took risks on colors and its expressionism, and seems totally befitting of a cycling race)

Honorable mentions:

• Entry 1 (I enjoyed the cutesy minimalism and fun accompanying typefaces--especially the GirO cyclist--but in the end the shapes were a little too basic for me)
  • Entry 2 (seems a bit too like a soccer logo for me, especially with how close to PSG's it is)
  • Entry 4 (not convinced by the typeface for LOMBARDIA and the overall color scheme makes it seem a better fit for coffeeshops, but still definitely vied for Bronze for me)
  • Entry 5 (just a big fan of how you did that spoke; I wish that could have extended through the rest of the design)
  • Entry 7 (not a big fan of the color scheme, and the shapes just ended up a little too basic for me in a modern way, not an artistic retro way, which might just be a taste thing)
"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived