Chicago sting

wquarton

Thought i'd take a stab at the possible NASL team in chicago, the sting. hoping they don't use some sort of god-awful cartoon bee. Tried a few things, wanted to keep it simple and acknowledge the whole sting thing without being overly obvious. Anyways I seem to have hit a bit of a wall.

s5l2t4T.png

Well, I like the soft yellow and black that you chose but your crest feels so rigid with its current lines. The Shape is weir for a soccer team.
And it's hard to read the name.

Maybe you could add a crown on the top, you know, that would go with the idea of a bee queen. Just sayin', I don't know what that might give.
If you keep that royalty/nobility focus, you could also add a ribbon, where could write the team's name.

I agree with the previous suggestions. I'd stick to yellow, white, and black. I suggest using "Chicago Sting" rather than "CS". I found a more soccer looking shaped design for idea inspiration (the top of this example is too Colorado Rapids, but the bottom is the right idea):

sting_1.jpg

Incorporate stripes into your design, and also drop the red. I think that this would represent the main focus, which is the bee, and ultimately make a better design in the long run.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

ahh that is kinda true. back to the drawing board I guess. Do you think it's possible to do it still somewhat boxy without having that effect, or do you guys think it needs to be smooth? I don't know why but I'm hung up on this.

I just find the one whitefoot put up makes me think minor league. and I guess I'm a bit of a eurosnob so I was hoping to downplay the sting part a little, while not ignoring it completely.

Archived