TBS Changes Logo (again?)

SouthpawJosh

I noticed that the whole format for the channel has changed as well, like the weird excerpts from the program you are watching in between certain commercials similar to Nickelodeon.

78i78o78.png

banner.pngvirginia-tech-state-silhouette-decal-9.png10574358_10153800658784905_4912776899242569995_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On Monday, March 07, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Cujo said:

From March Madness promos I've seen, looks like TBS will be letters-only (no box or annoying colors) for their tournament coverage.

Good move...looks like the CBS/Turner joint graphics will be getting a slight overhaul too. Saw some new backgrounds and elements in the selection show this evening. All that's left is a new scoreboard.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think it's been shared in the MLB changes thread or some other related topic, so here's a few screenshots of the updated TBS graphics from the WIld Card game. I've heard plenty of complaints that they don't have pitch counts, but the previous graphics set didn't either. It is, as I previously mentioned, pretty basic. I guess it takes a page or two from the March Madness graphics that CBS & Turner share.

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Player stats on the top and continuous strike zone graphic are the worst part for me. I think FOX has the best package in the postseason. Broadcasts that show the strike zone too much always irk me. Different umpires have different zones. Some leave off the outside, some add some to the top, the pitchers know that, the batters know that. Stop trying to convince us that we need robot umpires because pitches show up in your little box but aren't called strikes.

• 8 months later...

There's a slight update to the scoreboard this year for TBS' baseball coverage. Can't see the whole thing because I'm stuck at work with an SD feed, but the network logo has moved over to the right and the scoreboard as a whole looks revamped to a more traditional setup.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

There's a slight update to the scoreboard this year for TBS' baseball coverage. Can't see the whole thing because I'm stuck at work with an SD feed, but the network logo has moved over to the right and the scoreboard as a whole looks revamped to a more traditional setup.

I think it looks much better and out of the way of the action. But PLEASE use team initials in the box instead of cap insignias.

Archived