Dare Cookie Rebrand

Rollins Man

Hi everyone, I'm doing an assignment for school where we are to redesign this dare cookie breaktime package. The picture below is the current look of the package. The target audience for this rebrand is males and females ages 16 – 25. Basically what I want to know is what you guys think of the current package, what you like and dislike in terms of type, color, pictures and the overall presentation, and what you would change to make you want to buy this brand, and what you think would make a younger demo want to but these cookies.

mYIqNljDyYdCqkyIJr7N3o2P1NoMlGM5P3CoMvri

I have to gather information about the demographics to see what appeals to them in terms of design for this package. As I said the demographic is ages 16-25 males/females so I want to know a little about what appeals to certain demographics to figure what to do with my concepts which I'll be designing later. Thanks.

How about you make a concept first and we can provide C&C on it ya freakin hoisser.

As I said I want to gather information from different demos to see what appeals to them first, then start my concepts/thumbnails. You have to know your audience first, then design, it's called planning.

What is it with people using this forum to get others to do their homework for them?

If you're going to be good at design, it takes work.

This is part of the homework, I have to do some research in terms of the target audience first. I politely asked people if they can to give an opinion on what they/dislike like about the design and what appeals to them if they were buying cookies. This is part of the work, what do you think I'm doing?

As I said I want to gather information from different demos to see what appeals to them first, then start my concepts/thumbnails. You have to know your audience first, then design, it's called planning.

Well you know your audience, males and females ages 16-25. Look at some designs and rebrands of popular products aimed at young people in recent years. I can tell you that the current trend is bright, unusual colors contrasting with black and some sort of pattern superimposed on the background. Of course, what is currently popular with this age demographic is (i predict) very unpopular with the old lions of th CCSLC demographic, so looking for opinions from younger people might be a better option. The best most of us on here can probably give you is what they think young people will like.

Well you know your audience, males and females ages 16-25. Look at some designs and rebrands of popular products aimed at young people in recent years. I can tell you that the current trend is bright, unusual colors contrasting with black and some sort of pattern superimposed on the background. Of course, what is currently popular with this age demographic is (i predict) very unpopular with the old lions of th CCSLC demographic, so looking for opinions from younger people might be a better option. The best most of us on here can probably give you is what they think young people will like.

Well your a 16 year old so you fit into the demographic im trying to appeal to. What do you like about the box, what do you look for when you buy cookies in terms of the design and marketing, what appeals to you guys? I was thinking of using some sublimated images in the re-brand, and maybe switching over to a medium-dark green of sorts.

Well your a 16 year old so you fit into the demographic im trying to appeal to. What do you like about the box, what do you look for when you buy cookies in terms of the design and marketing, what appeals to you guys? I was thinking of using some sublimated images in the re-brand, and maybe switching over to a medium-dark green of sorts.

Yeah I'd say no go with the dark green. And i actually prefer more traditional design so i don't think I'd be a very accurate assessment of my demographic lol.

Yea, neither of the typefaces are going to work too well with that demographic. I'd say a bolder, serifed one. Is milk & cookies still a thing? I'll be interested to see if you include the milk or not, not sure if that gives the vibe you want or not. And just to take a shot in the dark...Mrs. Fischer did good here.

Yea, neither of the typefaces are going to work too well with that demographic. I'd say a bolder, serifed one. Is milk & cookies still a thing? I'll be interested to see if you include the milk or not, not sure if that gives the vibe you want or not. And just to take a shot in the dark...Mrs. Fischer did good here.

that's something we were discussing in class, we talked about how some people, including our prof, don't drink milk so I'll likely drop it from my version to clean up the design. I was thinking bolder lettering, but was thinking of something san serif, kind of like chips ahoy, but maybe not as playful.

Don't know why but im thinking branding similar to starbucks, which i find to be quite popular among young people especially at my campus, would work well for this in terms of color and type. I also think since a lot of people kind of associate cookies and coffee together so it may be a good way to make this a cookie of choice for young people who like their coffee. What do you guys think?

The way professional marketers target this demographic, you could probably just look at the stuff below. Lots of textures, interesting fonts that make you want to visit Pinterest and it's gotta have some kind of floral print or otherwise home-spun vibe to it.

starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte.jpg

+

B00BD71XCS_always_201309199_4627_lg.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 1 month later...

I love the Bark coloring of the box, the packaging design also looks great, but one thing.

Add more cookies to the red shield. Those three cookies look hella sparse.

One of the things we were actually talking about was limiting the amount of cookies on the box because of the recommended portion sizes. Most boxes have the nutritional info per 3-4 cookies so most people in my class tried to use just one of two cookies instead of a stack or large pile.

Archived