NFL 2020: AFC West

colinturner95

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Great series so far. I love the Giants throwback. I'm a sucker for Blue/Red/Gold combos. (Jags need to move to London and change their name to the Monarchs and bring back the RBG)

Well, its the end of the NFC East, which means updates:

Dallas:

ssTEKdL.png

Shrank the numbers.

Eagles:

Ex7zaH3.png

Lightened the grey.

Redskins:

zPryRUQ.png

eVSgspn.png

Shrank the numbers on both, changed the home number to white outlines in gold. You like that?

Final C & C welcome here, AFC East will be up soon.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Numerals are still too large, a double digit number would be squished at the current size.

Whenever you are using a number for something use a 2-digit number (without 1s) just for size. I don't care that it's romo, you could just as easily thrown Dez Bryant's 88 up there and then you could see size better. Or for the Redskins, Alfred Morris's 46. (or the standard 00) great work btw I love the eagles set.

tinysig.jpg

Just use block font for the redskins alternate set.

If this was a uniform that would be worn for the 5 years, then I'd go that route, but seeing as this would be just a one year thing, I think the modified Clarendon will stay.

Numerals are still too large, a double digit number would be squished at the current size.

Whenever you are using a number for something use a 2-digit number (without 1s) just for size. I don't care that it's romo, you could just as easily thrown Dez Bryant's 88 up there and then you could see size better. Or for the Redskins, Alfred Morris's 46. (or the standard 00) great work btw I love the eagles set.

When I'm designing, I hand draw the uniforms first, and if I don't have a computer nearby, I use whatever player pops into my head, and in this case it was Cousins in this case. I do try to use double digit numbers to avoid this problem, but sometimes ish happens.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

If this was a uniform that would be worn for the 5 years, then I'd go that route, but seeing as this would be just a one year thing, I think the modified Clarendon will stay.

When I'm designing, I hand draw the uniforms first, and if I don't have a computer nearby, I use whatever player pops into my head, and in this case it was Cousins in this case. I do try to use double digit numbers to avoid this problem, but sometimes ish happens.

There is nothing wrong with using a single digit number. But when digitalizing the uniform size the numerals with a double digit first, and then use that size of numeral for your single digit. For example, use "88" to get the sizing of the numerals. Then delete on of the 8's and center the "8" on the uniform. That way the uniform looks better.

Hopefully that makes some sense

There is nothing wrong with using a single digit number. But when digitalizing the uniform size the numerals with a double digit first, and then use that size of numeral for your single digit. For example, use "88" to get the sizing of the numerals. Then delete on of the 8's and center the "8" on the uniform. That way the uniform looks better.

Hopefully that makes some sense

I did that, and I thought it looked like it fit. I had been toying with my template, so maybe I'm used to my old ways.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

AFC East time:

Bills

Sketches: 2020 Throwback

wddChFl.png

With the Toronto Series being ended, the Bills decide to finally simplify their color scheme by eliminating navy blue from their color scheme. Leave that for the Patriots. I ended up darkening the royal a slight bit.

• Helmet is largely unchanged, facemask becomes royal as opposed to navy.
  • Jersey stripes are based on their uniforms of the '60s and early '70s, with some differences.
  • Pants have a truncated stripe, which is my attempt to be modern without being too god awful.
  • Socks carry the same stripe, white shoes everywhere.

Throwbacks!!

ruryGig.png

Pretty easy, 1964 throwbacks, year they won the AFL.

C and C always welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm not really on board with the striping. If you're going to do that, keep it the same colors on both the blue and white jerseys.

So color the sleeve caps like on the last one? Buffalo_Bills_zps6ba8a865.png

I wish the collar on the Bills home jersey was a full V rather than truncated.

That's more template than my personal design

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived