NFL 2020: AFC West

colinturner95

I'll mull over ideas on the Bills, but until then here's the Dolphins

Sketches: 2020 Throwback

Fjo8xfF.png

I went with the design from my pro combat set rather than a traditional set. I also did a Bills and eliminated a color from their scheme.

• White helmet (like that was going to change), triple stripe, reflective logo.
  • Swooshing (?) jersey design.
  • Triple stripe on the pants
  • White and aqua socks allow for aqua out or white out.

Throwbacks

I9mzOso.png

1966 uniforms, nothing too fancy

I noticed the numbers are probably too big again, I'll take care of it in the updates

C and C welcome

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zvHiulX.png

I didn't know how to change New England from my last set, because I wasn't sure if there was much I could change. Other than the obvious switch to the Mach Speed template, there are a few changes I made.

• stripe changes to more of a tOSU Rivalry stripe.
  • flying Elvis' face is silver again
  • stripe shifts minorly and reflects the striping change. "PATRIOTS" is now arched.
  • NOB font changed.
  • pants also reflect the striping change.
  • and I was one pass away from not having to change a star on the collar to reflect another Super Bowl win. <_<

Throwbacks:

lALu9uM.png

I didn't go with the W/R/W uniform they've worn before the one-helmet rule (can't remember what year it's from). I instead went with the uniform from 1960.

C & C welcome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I suggest substantially shrinking the Patriots wordmark on the jerseys. The large wordmark makes it look like a college or high school jersey.

I would prefer the center/long-snapping Patriots helmet logo over this design. It is a personal preference thing, so I understand if you don't change it. I just think a two-dimensional view of a hat on a helmet is an odd look. Then the numbers where a face should be doesn't really work either (in my opinion, of course).

award%20sig.png

I suggest substantially shrinking the Patriots wordmark on the jerseys. The large wordmark makes it look like a college or high school jersey.

I would prefer the center/long-snapping Patriots helmet logo over this design. It is a personal preference thing, so I understand if you don't change it. I just think a two-dimensional view of a hat on a helmet is an odd look. Then the numbers where a face should be doesn't really work either (in my opinion, of course).

The helmet design is from 1960, before Patriot Pat ever graced the helmet.

1960_Boston.png

Really loving this series! Big fan of the Dolphins and 'Skins unis.

The Pats unis look a bit like Bears unis from a distance, personally I'd use a slightly darker red.

I darkened the navy already and I had thought about darkening the red along with it, but I didn't I thought that if I darkened the red, it would make it hard to distinguish between the two.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1960_Boston.png

I know that it is a look from their past; I was just stating my preference for Pat over the 2D tri-cornered hat.

award%20sig.png

1960_Boston.png

I know that it is a look from their past; I was just stating my preference for Pat over the 2D tri-cornered hat.

No worries. I just wanted to go a different route with the R/W/B.

How do you make your uniforms? I can't find any good software for Mac OS.

Btw, your designs are nice. You should darken the red for the Pats.

I use Adobe Illustrator, which I know is available for Mac Os but does cost a shiny penny. I'm not sure if Inkscape is Mac compatible but I can imagine a simple Google seach could find that out.

I'm still debating on darkening the red, as I already darkened the navy. I update after all teams are up, so after the Jets get posted, I'll update the AFC East.

That Patriots concept is great. I like the bigger wordmark and love the stars reflecting the super bowls. Great job!

Thank you. It really hurt to have to color in another star (I'm from Washington and am a fan of all sports Seattle)

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Late to the party, but I'm pretty sure that 100 years is either anthracite or volt.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Lighten the green for the Miami '96 throwbacks. It's too dark.

'66 Throwbacks. And if anyone has the correct color for said year that would be great. Life after ColorWerx has been hard.

RIP in peace Colorwerx. Great job on your series so far! Can't wait to see what you have for the Bears!

zbZ6f0s.gif

One more thing on the Patriots. In your previous version it looked as if the red stars signified super bowl wins and the 4 white stars represented the 4 AFC championships where they didn't win the superbowl. Im not sure if this is what you were going for. In the new version there is only 3 white stars not 4. Also. What happened to colerworx?

One more thing on the Patriots. In your previous version it looked as if the red stars signified super bowl wins and the 4 white stars represented the 4 AFC championships where they didn't win the superbowl. Im not sure if this is what you were going for. In the new version there is only 3 white stars not 4. Also. What happened to colerworx?

The red stars are for Super Bowl wins. I hadn't intended to represent AFC Championships.

ColorWerx had done some major website overhauls and I'm not very sure why he took the website down for a time, but he's since brought it back up but hasn't put the team colors up again. I'm not the person to ask about. If you want to know more, ask him.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

NY Jets

pObx8af.png

Basically carried over the design from last time to the Mach Speed template

-JETS with jet graces the helmet.

-Cap sleeve with stripes around it (anyone can describe it better if they please). Numbers are huge, I'll fix in updates.

-Double stripe pants.

-green and white socks, so there can be white outs.

Throwback

xSaxlv6.png

Not quite Gang Green, but the first uniforms the Jets, once known as the Titans wore.

C & C welcome, updates to follow soon.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived