Movie Studio Logo Concepts

neo_prankster

I wasn't sure where I should put non-sports concepts, but I guess here in the General Design section would be appropriate.

Without further ado, here are two movie studio logo concepts...

alternate_history_disney_logo_concept_19

I have always felt the "Buena Vista" cards that Disney used from the mid 50's until Eisner and Katzenberg took office just screamed "B-Movie/Grindhouse" rather than an entity moviegoers consider the gold standard of family entertainment. The time period I would see this design would be shortly after Walt broke up the partnership with RKO. The castle you see here is based on the castle icon used on the Disneyland Record stickers from the 60's.

The second I have on tap today is United Artists. This one is meant to be in line with the UA Swoosh of the late 80's and the modern UA logo used since the turn of the century.

alternate_universe_united_artists_logo_c

The Disney one looks incomplete. Maybe I'm just drawing from my memory of the classic design, but it's just lacking a bunch of the towers/spires of the original. I understand you might be trying to simplify it, but the original, to me, is so iconic it's hard to not see yours as incomplete.

As far as the UA one, I'm sorry to say, but in between the color scheme and the letter combination, it looks more like a LA Kings alternate. If you didn't say it was United Artists, I would've read it as just LA.

I appreciate the thought behind this idea, but I'm not feeling either one. Sorry. :wacko:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived