It took me a while to get back in the saddle, one of the main reasons being I've been hammering out the details of a dice football game I've been working on for a while. Essentially, the idea in my head is a broke man's version of Second Season football with dashes of History Maker Baseball and Hattrick (as in I'm using descriptions as ratings, rather than statistics or numbers...cus honestly, when, outside of Madden, have you ever heard of a receiver with 99 speed, or a LB with 70 tackling? Nowhere, that's where. The latter guy would usually be described as an arm tackler, and Gus Johnson would tell ya the former guy had "gettin away from the cops" speed :D)

I digress, though, the reason we're here is not to discuss what the dice do...it's to either compliment great design or mock crappy design ;) So without further ado...

c2ptechies.png

The previous threads, I posted all four all at once...but I'm still a bit indecisive on a few details, so I'm only posting one for now, then the rest will come in the next few days.

c2pmikevick.png

I'd usually use an active player's current team for the NFL side, but let's be honest, Vick's a lot closer to the end than he is to the beginning, and Bradshaw's already in the mix. In any event, on the Va Tech side, I altered the yoke and sleeves a bit so the sides wouldn't look awkwardly disconnected, and dug up the Fighting Gobbler. The Falcons side features a white falcon (as I didn't have the current Falcons wordmark handy, just as well given I never thought it was a good fit) and red TV numbers.

Comments welcome, no requests.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love your College to Pro concept series, one of my favorites on the boards. I actually really like VT in that template also, I actually where a similar alternate if I ever play with them on NCAA 14. I always use the Fighting Gobler helmets, the orange jerseys they wore before going to the LSU template and solid white or maroon pants.

Looking forward to the rest.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

V Tech looks sweet!

Thank ya kindly

That Virginia Tech concept is adventurous. I like that. As for the Falcons, I like the jersey, but I feel like something is missing on the pants.

Given I've joked about it being C2P's unofficial motto in the past, I should just make a "these things happen" banner and be done with it :P

I love your College to Pro concept series, one of my favorites on the boards. I actually really like VT in that template also, I actually where a similar alternate if I ever play with them on NCAA 14. I always use the Fighting Gobler helmets, the orange jerseys they wore before going to the LSU template and solid white or maroon pants.

Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks man...I figure it'd look at least somewhat more at home on VT than it did on NC State. As for looking forward, wait no more...

c2pmegatron.png

Decided on silver for the Lions jersey, given GT's gold jerseys in the early 00's, and I was pretty close to putting Buzz on the helmet. Decided against it, given I didn't have the Detroit version of the Lions' wordmark handy, and even if I had, that D looks too much like an O.

c2ptbradshaw.png

I was torn between a Pennsylvania map or a keystone. Went with the latter, as you can see, and altered the hypocycloids' coloration a bit as the gold one got lost on the helmet.

Richard Sherman: That mediocre receiver's in C2P before ME? The best in the game?!?!? This is an insult!

The Crabtree set is either gonna be real good or...well, mediocre. Couldn't help it. All depends on how closely I nail/botch that TT uniform.

2016cubscreamsig.png

The last of the Techies...the man who will be forever remembered for being called mediocre on national TV...

c2pmcrabtree.png

Replicating Texas Tech's template wasn't as tough as I thought it was gonna be, and then the prerequisite mock Raiders uni (which would also qualify for a theme I plan on working on later: Name's the Same)...so initially, I'd penciled in Wes Welker as the TT guy before switching to Crabtree.

The LA Tech helmet reminds me of the Giants helmet. (Not a bad thing, really. They do have a solid helmet design.)

I like the Steelers concept a lot. Especially the Keystone logo.

Yeah, that wound up being my first thought. Something of the like has happened a few times (notably, Eli's Giants jersey looking like a Patriots ripoff).

I'm a big fan of the C2P series! I'm glad it's back. After thinking about it for a few hours, I finally understand what you mean by "Techies". I don't know why it took me so long! Haha! Do you have a hint of who might be next?

It was tough, right? Va TECH...Ga. TECH...La TECH...Texas TECH...:D

Oh. I didn't even see the Calvin Johnson set. The Georgia Tech uniform looks great.

Megatron...concepts in disguise :ninja:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived