Minnesota Timberwolves Logo *New Tweaks* 1/5/18

hettinger_rl

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/10/2016 at 3:23 PM, hettinger_rl said:

I came back to the front facing wolf and found a few things to correct. I think it would work well in the set now.

evclt1.jpg

I think everything is perfect except this logo. It just doesn't feel right.

I think you should use the retro logo without the ball for the secondary wolf instead of the straight-on wolf you created.

wwwolve.gif.e6c626f7507c3f00dba7aa62ccda

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

With the recent news about a "Dark Blue" being used in the new brand I've updated my concepts to reflect that:

Primary:

NewWolves3.pngNewWolves2.pngNewWolves1.pngNewWolves5.pngNewWolves4.png

Secondary:

New Wolves.pngNew Wolves1.pngNew Wolves2.pngNew Wolves3.pngNew Wolves4.pngNew Wolves5.png

The wolves also announced their own D-League team, I feel like they should be called the Muskies or Water Wolves:

NBDLMuskies.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I really like the shade of blue here -- it works well as their primary color, and creates a nice contrast with the green. I like the inclusion of silver more than I thought I would, though I think dark blue and white should be the prevalent colors with green and silver used very sparingly. Great work!

That's beautiful. Exactly what I would like to see w/dark blue. Good update on the alternate. Although I would drop the green basketball logos since it loses the moon-effect. 

EDIT: I like the logo below for an alternate, but not for a primary. The wolf and basketball is more appealing and symbolic. 

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/24/2017 at 10:25 AM, hettinger_rl said:

Here is an update based on what has been revealed. I feel like this could've been an easier way to get where they did and include the trees.

58fe18eb5e26b_NBAWolves2(1).png.7d6752c808058ca1a91c6643139fc47c.png

The more I've seen their new logo and this concept I've realized I just don't care for the double blue/grey/green color scheme. I also still feel like they should look to the original wolf for inspiration. Along these lines I've created a tweak in my design (took the tree in front of the wolf out), but can't decide on the color combo.

Classic Colors:

2q03h28.jpg                            HTS-NBA-MIT-P1989-01.jpg

Dark Blue:                                                                                                                                                 To Compare:

289fo7p.jpg                                                        JNlCNX7GhnPpHTD42c94p440OvJFRpC1-58LfkAK

Meet in the Middle:

33mr7kj.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived