Minnesota Timberwolves Logo *New Tweaks* 1/5/18

hettinger_rl

I want to start this off by saying that IMO much of the Timberwolves current set looks good (but I am a fan of the team). I am of the group of people that thinks they should reach back and use a blue/green/silver color scheme. I also think that the current "angry wolf head" looks like a strange wolf/coyote/saluki mix. All of these thoughts will show through in my concept. There are things about this concept that may have been tried, in another way, before; but it seems like this is the first time they're all put together into one concept. So I give you the Power of the Pack:

255n8g8.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the color scheme as well. I also like the howling wolf logo, so this is good. My only complaint is that I would create a new, more modern logo to work better with it.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

love the entire concept! I liked the howling wolf better for the primary logo, but the updated court -- just remove the tree cuz it is bit too much to me. I dunno it just remind me of Oregon's crazy court design.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Added a little interest to the court.

1z1bt38.jpg

love the entire concept! I liked the howling wolf better for the primary logo, but the updated court -- just remove the tree cuz it is bit too much to me. I dunno it just remind me of Oregon's crazy court design.

Would this be better?

1607pqr.jpg

Added a little interest to the court.

1z1bt38.jpg

Would this be better?

1607pqr.jpg

Anyone have C&C?

I have a problem with the logos. The 'Ball / wolf' logo is decent, however, the 'head-on' wolf logo is a little more complex and detailed. Both don't mesh well together. Either the ball logo needs more detail, which I wouldn't do, or the head-on logo needs less detail to match the other logo.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on that wolf head.

In the meantime, here are my jerseys. I continued the simple/classic style here, taking cues from the franchise's first unis. Let me know what you think.

66vr86.jpg

Would this be better?

1607pqr.jpg

Anyone have C&C?

That works out alot better. I like it alot

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Love the second court option. and about the Wolf head logo... I don't think that it has too little detail, I think that an asymmetrical logo may work out better than what you have currently.

a2BRS8U.png

I have a problem with the logos. The 'Ball / wolf' logo is decent, however, the 'head-on' wolf logo is a little more complex and detailed. Both don't mesh well together. Either the ball logo needs more detail, which I wouldn't do, or the head-on logo needs less detail to match the other logo.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on that wolf head.

In the meantime, here are my jerseys. I continued the simple/classic style here, taking cues from the franchise's first unis. Let me know what you think.

66vr86.jpg

I have 2 new "wolf head" options. A: A focused wolf staring down it's prey. B: An aggressive wolf ready to defend it's claim. C&C appreciated!

A33tp2zq.jpgfvikc4_th.jpgB2qs3ujc.jpg

The howling wolf design is the best out of all the logos. I don't think you'd even need the others. Back to the howling wolf, how difficult would it be to make the ball patterned-sky silver and the surrounding trees green while keeping the tree pattern on the wolf itself blue?

First off, I like almost everything you've done here, so nice job. I love the color scheme you are using.

Here are my only "complaints:"

-I actually like their current head-on logo better than the one you've created. It sounds like I am in the minority on that. But I think it looks more, I don't know, fierce than the one you created. Yours is a little too round for my liking, even it is possibly more realistic.

-I think the wordmark and font you are using is good, but I think it clashes with the simplistic/minimalist look of the rest of the jersey. In other words, I think a wordmark/font that detailed will only look right with a more intricate collar, armhole trim, etc. If you get a little more fancy/detailed with the collar and maybe the trim, I think things would look more cohesive.

Anyway, just my opinions here. Nice work!

Love the colors, love the concept, love the unis...However, I don't like the tree that is on the wolf's neck in the primary. I realize this is not your doing since it's the current alternate, but maybe take a stab at removing the blue tree and just have white space there instead.

Love the colors, love the concept, love the unis...However, I don't like the tree that is on the wolf's neck in the primary. I realize this is not your doing since it's the current alternate, but maybe take a stab at removing the blue tree and just have white space there instead.

I have tried this, but it leaves too large of a void. And re-configuring the shape just makes it look derivative.

I have tried this, but it leaves too large of a void. And re-configuring the shape just makes it look derivative.

I totally understand after trying it myself in paint for a quick glance at the possibility. Have you tried changing that particular tree to silver?

Archived