Minnesota Timberwolves Logo *New Tweaks* 1/5/18

hettinger_rl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should definitely add some silver to the uniform wordmarks and uniforms; jersey seems a bit bare or plain. The overall logo package is boss although you may have one or two more logos than you need.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Love the colors, love the concept, love the unis...However, I don't like the tree that is on the wolf's neck in the primary. I realize this is not your doing since it's the current alternate, but maybe take a stab at removing the blue tree and just have white space there instead.

I have tried this, but it leaves too large of a void. And re-configuring the shape just makes it look derivative.

I totally understand after trying it myself in paint for a quick glance at the possibility. Have you tried changing that particular tree to silver?

I did and if you felt it sticks out now, then you'd really hate it in silver.

Regarding the howling wolf design, how about changing the sky to silver and the surrounding trees to green while replacing the silver border on the circle with green to better match them?

2112n37.jpg

This is as close as I can get. The green and silver don't contrast enough.

You should definitely add some silver to the uniform wordmarks and uniforms; jersey seems a bit bare or plain. The overall logo package is boss although you may have one or two more logos than you need.

Some of the extra logos are meant for merch. Here's a W-Tree logo like this:

14wtqw.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

That letterman jacket is awesome! This package just keeps getting better with every update. My one bit of feedback is to drop the MT head; it comes off forced and quite frankly its not needed.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great concept! Everything looks awesome!

I may have a solution to the rogue tree though

This may be hard to explain, but cut off the top tier of the tree. Then use the remaining shape and merge it with the navy shape to it's right. Leaving a white "lighting bolt" highlight. You may have to do some tweaking to get the 2 navy shapes to flow together, but it will eliminate the tree and bring a little more balance to the wolf instead of having a giant white void.

I probably caused more confusion than anything though haha

• 3 weeks later...

Archived