MLB City/State Uni-Swap Series UPDATE: Dodgers Tweak (12/30)

coco1997

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1970s Phillies style A look cool, but the uniform is lacking the front number and racing stripes that made that uniform unique, otherwise it's great

The Phillies vests are well put together and have a good design

Brooklyn Dodgers have that early NY Giants feel to them which is good I guess

The all orange Giants remind me of the Flyers with that font and colors, so that's a compliment coming from a philly native, and all I have to say is good work so far

And might I recommend a Red Sox-Blue Jays switch (both from the North East and in the AL East), that might be interesting if done right

29uxdh0.png

The 1970s Phillies style A look cool, but the uniform is lacking the front number and racing stripes that made that uniform unique, otherwise it's great

The Phillies vests are well put together and have a good design

Brooklyn Dodgers have that early NY Giants feel to them which is good I guess

The all orange Giants remind me of the Flyers with that font and colors, so that's a compliment coming from a philly native, and all I have to say is good work so far

And might I recommend a Red Sox-Blue Jays switch (both from the North East and in the AL East), that might be interesting if done right

Thanks for the feedback.

The decision to not give the A's set racing stripes or front numbers was a conscious one. I chose not to use racing stripes because I didn't want the set to look just like a green version of my Pirates concept, and I left off the front numbers because I thought front numbers and sleeve numbers would be overkill.

I have a few interesting ideas in the pipeline, so stay tuned.

WHITE SOX-CUBS (Version 2.0)

sox-cubs%202.0_zpsitiqzhyw.jpg

Couldn't resist doing another version of the Crosstown rivals, mostly because I really wanted to make a Cubs version of the '76 Sox unis. The lettering on the '76 Sox set was actually used by the Cubs in the early 1900s. The White Sox set is based on the 1908-09 Cubs road uniforms. C&C appreciated.

ATLANTA BREWERS-MILWAUKEE BRAVES

brewers-braves_zpsu02rgbpa.jpg

This is an alternate dimension uni-swap. In this universe the Braves stay in Milwaukee and the Brewers wind up in Atlanta. The Brewers set is based on the Braves mid-70s era unis, replacing the sleeve feathers with wheat stalks. The Braves concept puts Atlanta back in pinstripes and gives them a red front paneled cap.

Coming down the home stretch with this series. Today I present...

SEATTLE BREWERS/MILWAUKEE PILOTS

brewers-pilots_zps1b5rib78.jpg

This is the first time I took total liberty with a team's colors. I got the idea for a brown/green color scheme for Seattle from Starbucks. I kept the "S" from the Pilots logo and just modeled the rest of the concept on the Brewers' inaugural uniform. Maybe if I feel really inspired I'll design a coffee-cup themed logo.

For the Pilots, I retained the "pilots" wordmark from Seattle's forgotten team as it was, IMO, surprisingly modern for its time. I think it translates pretty well to a traditional and contemporary uniform design. As usual, C&C are appreciated.

Twins & Senators will be posted tomorrow.

WASHINGTON TWINS-MINNESOTA SENATORS

twins-senators_zpsweth7s70.jpg

This one should hopefully speak for itself. Once again the cream color on the Senators jersey didn't show up very well when scanned, but you probably get the idea. C&C appreciated.

I love the Minnesota Sens (Can I call them that?) jersey!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

WASHINGTON EXPOS-MONTREAL NATIONALS

concepts.8-page-001_zpsehb4hxu1.jpg

What if the Expos moved to Washington but kept their name? What if they stayed in Montreal but become the Nationals? I incorporated elements of both the Nationals' inaugural and present day unis for my Expos concept. The "W" logo is an inverted version of the Expos' script "M."

For the Nationals, I decided to shorten the team name to "Nats" on the jersey front since "Expos" is a shortening of "Expositions." I also used the Nats' original color scheme of red and gold for some variety. C&C appreciated!

Archived